Vip 722 vs vip722k

janko

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 20, 2009
Chicago,Illinois
Hi. Can someone tell me the difference between 722 vs 722k if there is any? Are they still making 722's or just 722k's? I'm wondering because I'm changing my old one for new and wanna see what they will send me..
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 722 has a single tuner OTA module built into it, where as the 722k has a two tuner OTA adapter that would need to be purchased seperately. Also, the hard drives are slightly different in size.

Also, the hard drives are slightly different in size.
How so? I thought they both had 500GB drives?

Another difference, the 722 built-in OTA tuner can't be tuned/viewed from the TV2 location in dual mode. The optional dual-OTA module on the 722k can be accessed from either tv location.

How so? I thought they both had 500GB drives?

Another difference, the 722 built-in OTA tuner can't be tuned/viewed from the TV2 location in dual mode. The optional dual-OTA module on the 722k can be accessed from either tv location.
I forget the exact difference in HDD, but I was something like 15 GB or something similar. Like I said, not a very large difference at all.

I believe it has been posted that the only non-Hopper system still in production is the ViP211Z.

Any difference in picture quality? Do you think they'll send me 722 or 722k?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Typically they send the exact same that you already have, unless they do not have any in inventory. As far as PQ, exactly the same.

If you currently have a 722 and they send you a 722K, ask for a free OTA module. If you currently have a 722K and they send you a 722, ask for a 722K because you have a two tuner 722 already and the 722 only has one...

Reactions: old corps and KAB
If you currently have a 722 and they send you a 722K, ask for a free OTA module. If you currently have a 722K and they send you a 722, ask for a 722K because you have a two tuner 722 already and the 722 only has one...
Unless you had a ViP722k without the OTA module, in which case a ViP722 (non-k) would be an upgrade.

I believe the 722k has the ability to backup settings and timers to its remote, whereas the 722 doesn't have this feature. Can be helpful when doing a swap due to equipment failure.

The 722 should as well. Using an 20.0 IR remote, you press and hold zero, and it should bring the system wizard up.

I don't recall having that option with my ViP722 early model with the original remote.

I don't recall having that option with my ViP722 early model with the original remote.
Was it the 5.x or 6.x remotes? It has been since 2012 of having a 722, so do not take my word for it, but I am pretty sure all the VIP DVRs have the system config available option. I do believe I had done it a couple times on my old 722 with my 20.0 remote.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)