Vip 722 vs vip722k

Was it the 5.x or 6.x remotes? It has been since 2012 of having a 722, so do not take my word for it, but I am pretty sure all the VIP DVRs have the system config available option. I do believe I had done it a couple times on my old 722 with my 20.0 remote.

I have a 722 and it came with an IR-only remote (5.something?), and the 6.3 (I just checked) which could do IR and UHF. I use the 6.3 on both TV1 and 2 because I have my receiver downstairs in the equipment room. If any remote can be used to back up the timers on a 722, it's news to me! If you've done it, then great.

I always thought that Dish was kind of lame backing up timers to a remote :p rather than have a store/restore function on what is now known as DishAnywhere.com.

When the receiver first come out, those were the remotes used. Now they use 20/21.x remotes. The 20.x and 21.x remotes have the capability to retain timers and settings. All previous remotes did not offer this technology.

Reactions: TheKrell
Thanks, that's great to know! Always learning something new here.

Now, does anyone know if timers from a 722/722k backed up to 20.x/21.x remote can be restored when upgrading to a Hopper? Or does the backup/restore process only work when swapping between the same receiver model?

I'm guessing that functionality might be too much to ask. ;)

So that is the difficulty. You can pair a 2x.x remote to a Hopper via IR, but I do not beleive you can restore settings and timers due to completely different software. The settings cannot be the same.

Reactions: JockeyPete

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)