VIP 722 with UHF remote in single user mode

Plasmanite

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 28, 2006
I want to run a long HDMI cable from my VIP 722 to a TV in an adjacent room and control it using the UHF remote. I want the 722 left in single user mode so that the TV functions the same as the TV I am currently using. I won't be using both TVs at the same time. Only one TV will be connected to the 722 at any given time. Will this work?

go to monoprice.com and get an HDMI cable with Redmere this is the cable you want for longer runs. also may want to check out a 1x2 HDMI splitter so you don't have to keep swapping cables. inexpensive and would save you some time.

Thanks. Already decided on the Redmere from monoprice. :)

Now I need to find the antenna and UHF remote or purchase them if I can't find them. Are the remotes backwards compatable? The VIP 722 I have is 5+ years old so I want to make sure I get the right remote if I have to buy.

P.S. Can I get the antenna and UHF remote from Dish directly or would I be better of sourcing elsewhere?

What remote do you have? It may be all you need (albeit perhaps with another "chip"). I went to my dealer and he gave me a TV2 chip for my TV1 remote and I was off and running.

Putting the DVR in single mode should be all the configuration you have to do.

Wiring-wise, I opted for the CAT6 solution to extending an HDMI port.

What remote do you have? It may be all you need (albeit perhaps with another "chip"). I went to my dealer and he gave me a TV2 chip for my TV1 remote and I was off and running.

Putting the DVR in single mode should be all the configuration you have to do.

Wiring-wise, I opted for the CAT6 solution to extending an HDMI port.

I have the 21.1 IR/UHF PRO, with a TV1 chip, that came with the VIP 722. I also have a 6.0 IR/UHF PRO, with a TV2 chip, that came with the VIP 622.

Press the system info button on the front of the receiver, then press the record button on the remote a few times... That's how you pair it

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Thanks everyone.

Now that I know I can use the 6.0 remote with the 722, where can I get an antenna, if I can't find the one that came with the 722?

Strip a peice of coax and connect it to the antenna port . I think you can also order them online or through an agent .

Thanks.

I cut an 8 inch piece of coax and stripped off about an inch of the outer jacket and connected it to the VIP722.

I tried getting the 6.0 remote, which has the blue #2 tab, to work with the VIP722, but it didn't work. I then switched the 21.1 remote to UHF and was able to get it to work by pressing system info and the record button, like I had tried with the 6.0 remote. I didn't have to switch the tab to #2. I left it with the black tab with green #2. So I can go from IR to UHF mode (and vice versa) by simply toggling the switch in the battery compartment.

You could probably take that blue tab out, flip it upside down to show #1, then try pairing it again. Does that remote say ir/uhf pro or just ir on the back?

Related question. I have a 21.0 remote for TV1 (IR) and a 21.1 remote for TV2 (UHF) on my 722 in dual mode. I'd like to get a second 21.1 remote for occasional control of the TV1 tuner using UHF from my TV2 location. Can I have both IR and UHF remotes able to control TV1 at the same time, or would I need to change the remote pairing from IR to UHF each time I want to view/control TV1 at my TV2 location?

No you can't have both on tv1, but you could just keep the TV1 remote in uhf mode all the time, that wouldn't hurt anything.. You just have to make sure the TV1 and TV2 remotes are set to a different address

You could probably take that blue tab out, flip it upside down to show #1, then try pairing it again. Does that remote say ir/uhf pro or just ir on the back?

It says 6.0 IR/UHF PRO.

For some reason I confused the #1 and #2 with IR and UHF modes, respectively, instead of TV1 and TV2 modes. I'll flip it to #1 since I want to stay in TV1 mode. Thanks.

Search Feature on Hopper

Over night promo - Record 8 shows at once?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)