VIP 722k hard drive for a VIP 211k

If you mean an EHD you are using with an 722k...NO. 211K software is incompatible. Not interchangeable. You will need another drive, and pay a one time $40 activation charge.

I actually bought the 722k but can't use cause its leased in someone else's name, so I took the hard drive out and was hoping I could use it somehow, but if I can't use it in the 211k, what kind of hard drive do u recommend

I actually bought the 722k but can't use cause its leased in someone else's name, so I took the hard drive out and was hoping I could use it somehow, but if I can't use it in the 211k, what kind of hard drive do u recommend

211k does not use internal hard drive. You can however take the one from the 722 put in an external enclosure and use it on the 211k. As KAB stated above you will need to pay the onetime $40 to enable the EHD feature on the 211k. At that point when you connect the drive that was from the 722 which you have put in an enclosure you will be given the option to format the drive and use it for recording.

There is no real advantage to owning a receiver if you plan to stay with Dish for 2 years. Call Dish and set up an installation.
He should take some time to get over the fact he got ripped off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)