Vip 722k Receiver with Two HD TV's

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

eaw7100

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2012
United States
Here's my deal: I have an old school VIP 722k Receiver. TV 1 is a HDTV. I just upgraded TV2 from an standard definition CRT to an Amazon Fire 4k TV. Picture on TV2 is not sharp. Questions:

1) If I play a saved recording from the VIP 722k DVR on TV2 is this HD?
2) If I use "single mode" on the VIP 722k will I get HD on both TV's?
3) Do I need to upgrade my DVR? I am paying $7 a month for the VIP 722k. What would an upgrade cost me? Do I install it myself?

Here's my deal: I have an old school VIP 722k Receiver. TV 1 is a HDTV. I just upgraded TV2 from an standard definition CRT to an Amazon Fire 4k TV. Picture on TV2 is not sharp. Questions:

3) Do I need to upgrade my DVR? I am paying $7 a month for the VIP 722k. What would an upgrade cost me? Do I install it myself?
TV 2 is fed by Coax through a multiplex way of sending the signal from the 722. There's no way to get HD on there without having a receiver on that TV. (Or and HDMI Splitter from the 722 direct to TV2 which makes TV 2 a mirror of TV1.

A Hopper system will fix that, but you'll end up paying more in your monthly bill. You'd need a tech to do the install since the LNBF at the Dish and the type of splitter (Diplexor vs Solo Hub) need to be changed

I loved my 722, but alas there is no way to get anything HD out of the TV2 output. Even worse, there's no way to get anamorphic widescreen out of it! I used a Hava Platinum for years on the TV1 output, and I regularly got DVD quality video out of the composite output. But I always had to go in and edit the mpeg2 video to make it widescreen again. Do you ever view DVD's on your new FireTV? My old Westinghouse did a great job of upscaling what are SD pictures and I thought they looked pretty good from my viewing distance. It's not HD, though, and it's certainly not 4K.
Thank you for reminding me of that. The only way to get anamorphic widescreen out of TV2 is by putting it in single mode.

We were in a very similar situation for years with a 622.Actually used a wireless transmitter to get tv2 signal upstairs.Worked fine (except for not HD) but decided to give loyalty a call.Got an H3.
Fee went to 10 bucks from 7 (instead of 15) so I could live with that. We use Dishanywhere to get signal to 2nd tv and it works fine.It's also nice not having to think about conflicting timers.Plus
they locked in discount on package price for 2 years.
Of course had to sign a 2 year contract.I'm sure things will be much different in 18 months.

Reactions: navychop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Latest posts