VIP 722K / Sling quit working

David Taylor

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 5, 2005
I have a VIP722K with the red Dish Sling adapter. A week or two ago it quit working properly. When I tried to connect via DishAnywhere.com or the iOS app I would get a Satellite Signal Lost message. It still shows the guide and everything but it won't stream anything. To be clear, the receiver seems to be working fine--I just can't stream anything over the Sling adapter. I've unplugged the receiver, reset it, etc. Internet connectivity to the receiver is good (wired). Nothing is helping. Any ideas? I guess I'm just wanting to make sure there isn't some systemic issue that could be causing my problem. I guess it is possible that either something internal to the receiver or the Sling adapter crapped out. Thoughts?

Well, no sooner did I post it than I figured out the problem. I went to the other room where the 2nd tuner was being used (sparingly) and turned on the TV. At some point it had been tuned to a local OTA channel that wasn't getting a signal. It was keeping me from streaming and wasn't even letting me change the channel from the DishAnywhere app. I changed the channel to a Dish channel (ESPN in this case) and then went back to my phone and it worked perfectly. Apparently there is some bug where if the tuner is on a bad OTA station it won't even let you change the channel using the guide or anything to get it on a good channel via the app. Whew!

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)