VIP 722k smart card

What will this do for me? Not sure how to accomplish this. Can I take the receiver to a Dish Network location and have them do this? Thx for the response Chad.​

You can hook it up to your TV, and then to an Ethernet connection. Once on press menu 6-3 and test the connection. Once passed, then hit call out underneath the test connection button, and that should do that trick. It sends any data stored in the smart card, and clears it outright for you.

Not a problem. I do have one last question. Is the receiver still active on your account? If still active, it has to be disabled before it can be sold. And the whole bill amount has to be paid. It's the little way they make sure to get their money without being scammed by some customers(I am not inferring this about you).

You need to include the card the receiver won't work without it.
The card is property of DISH so you're typically not entitled to sell it or give it away.

Residental Agreement said:
C. Smart Cards. Receiver(s) are equipped with a conditional access card (“Smart Card”) inserted into a slot or otherwise installed in such receiver. Not all receivers with a Smart Card slot require a Smart Card for proper authorization. Smart Cards remain the property of DISH Network at all times and must be returned to us upon our request. Smart Cards are not transferable. Your Smart Card will only work in the DISH Network receiver to which it was assigned by DISH Network. If you report to our customer service center that your Smart Card has been lost, damaged, defective or stolen, we will replace it, unless there is evidence of unauthorized tampering or modification, and a Smart Card Replacement Fee will apply. In addition, in order to minimize downtime for your Equipment, DISH Network will, upon your request, deliver a replacement Smart Card to you via overnight delivery, in which case an Overnight Delivery Fee will apply.

The key sentences are the third and fourth ones.

Such is not to say that there aren't exceptions but this is literally what the rules say.

The card is property of DISH so you're typically not entitled to sell it or give it away.

The key sentences are the third and fourth ones.

Such is not to say that there aren't exceptions but this is literally what the rules say.
That simply means that the card will not work in a different receiver, as stated plainly in the following sentence: "Your Smart Card will only work in the DISH Network receiver to which it was assigned by DISH Network." Otherwise, unless Dish specifically asks for the Smart Card to be returned (as indicated by the third sentence), there should be nothing to prevent a purchased receiver (including the Smart Card) from being resold. The last sentence you quoted specifically mentions minimizing downtime, so why would Dish require the new owner of the receiver to order a new Smart Card? That would increase downtime compared to simply authorizing the Smart Card that came with the receiver. By the way, as far as the equipment remaining the property of Dish Network, I am pretty sure the rules say the same thing about the satellite dishes, yet there is really nothing to prevent someone from reusing an old dish, either.

Usually when the receiver number is typed into their system, it try's to auto populate the smart card. This may have changed, but that's how it was, and the card is expected to go with the receiver, unless specifically asked for by Dish. You got good advice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)