VIP 922 and External HD

pilot370

Original poster
Oct 30, 2010
Michigan
Hello all!

I have had a few issues with 922's failing on me and have lost a lot of material I had on the Internal HD. I now have my recordings on an external HD. I went to the internal HD and its empty. All I wanted was to back up. So, I am guessing I have to transfer back from my external to the VIP 922 to get everything back but will this 'remove' all my recordings from my external HD?

Thanks!

John

Yes; programs are moved only, to prevent us from having two copies. :( On the plus side, you can also just play back the archived programs from the EHD, without moving them back.

I plugged the HD into the front USB because the rear USB is used up with a wifi dongle and my wife HATES seeing wires of any kind! So in the meantime I will just transfer back to the VIP 922.

John

What if you have 2 EHDs and clone them, will this work or is there something coded in the file system that will render the copy (clone) corrupt?

I plugged the HD into the front USB because the rear USB is used up with a wifi dongle and my wife HATES seeing wires of any kind! So in the meantime I will just transfer back to the VIP 922.

John
Well if you can't tell her to GET OVER IT, buy a powered hub for the back.

Hopper vs Hopper w/Sling Question

if i added epix hd, what channels do i get

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)