VIP 922 Functions

AKGolf

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 28, 2008
Edmond, OK
Would it be worthwhile to create a sticky topic that lists what works and what doesn't work and the latest fixes on the first page so that the testers don't have to dig through a bunch of threads?

I've got mine in a spare room and trying things as I can. Maybe the remote will grow on me, but it's really awkward right now.

I haven't had a lot of time to mess around with it lately, but I'm still on the fence about the new remote. Overall the receiver has some great features.

I haven't had a lot of time to mess around with it lately, but I'm still on the fence about the new remote. Overall the receiver has some great features.

Still a long ways to go before it can be released, but I do like the over all look and features.

Have you been able to get an external hard drive to work? I'm thinking this is another feature not yet enabled.

I haven't tried the external hard drive yet. So far I've just had it running as normal. I'd like to get it hooked up to the internet eventually.

That's the feature I would like to hear more about. Because other than the bigger hard drive (which I really don't currently need) and the sling (which I don't THINK I would ever really use) I don't see any real reason why I would upgrade from my 622.

I need to hook up a keyboard, but I did surf a little bit and it's okay. The resolution didn't seem the greatest. I have it hooked up to an older Samsung CRT HDTV with components.

I'll try to do a speed test tonight and compare with the desktop next to it.

That's the feature I would like to hear more about. Because other than the bigger hard drive (which I really don't currently need) and the sling (which I don't THINK I would ever really use) I don't see any real reason why I would upgrade from my 622.

It would be a nice feature to access sites such as Hulu, netflix and such!!

It would be a nice feature to access sites such as Hulu, netflix and such!!

Forget Hulu and You Tube for now. Those sites require flash and I'm unable to install that at this point.

The good news: I connected a Logitech Bluetooth keyboard and mouse using the USB port and they both worked. The menu is much easier to navigate using the mouse.

The new software has made a big difference in the operation of the unit. The guide is now speedy and I actually enjoy using this receiver now.

Now only if they would get the Sling portion working so I could watch via the internet I would be happy.

It's coming....

The new software has made a big difference in the operation of the unit. The guide is now speedy and I actually enjoy using this receiver now.

Now only if they would get the Sling portion working so I could watch via the internet I would be happy.

Patience young Jedi, coming it is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts