VIP 922 Sling same as what's on my TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rjfrandle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2006
Minnesota
So, I have read that I need to let the 922 sit for a day, and things work better, but does this apply to the sling feature too. When I access dishonline, I can watch live TV, but it's the same as what is on my TV. When I change channels on line, it changes the receiver in the livingroom too. Also, my cursor turns to crosshairs, and I can't click on anything like volume, fullscreen etc.... Remote works when I click on it though. When I try to swap tuners on the tv, it says I can't because remote viewing is being used. Just got this installed today, so is there a firmware update or something. Just wondering. On sling page it says App version 1.2. SDK version 2.0. Released 2-24-2010.

Well I knew that was gonna be the first response. Yeah I know, but not many people are in there too often. Just thought someone might be more likely to see it here.

I can't speak to the 922 as I don't have one, but I have used the slingbox Pro HD which ultimately serves the same purpose. The Sling doesn't act as a tuner itself, but basically as a video router that simply sends the programming displayed on tuner #1 through the network to be viewed either on a local network, or via the internet if you're outside your local network.

Now because my slingbox utilizes an IR receiver that connects from the slingbox and transmits to my 722, I am limited to tuner #1 since #2 is RF and won't receive the IR signal.

The 922 could be different in that regard, so your mileage may vary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts