VIP 922 Sling same as what's on my TV

rjfrandle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2006
Minnesota
So, I have read that I need to let the 922 sit for a day, and things work better, but does this apply to the sling feature too. When I access dishonline, I can watch live TV, but it's the same as what is on my TV. When I change channels on line, it changes the receiver in the livingroom too. Also, my cursor turns to crosshairs, and I can't click on anything like volume, fullscreen etc.... Remote works when I click on it though. When I try to swap tuners on the tv, it says I can't because remote viewing is being used. Just got this installed today, so is there a firmware update or something. Just wondering. On sling page it says App version 1.2. SDK version 2.0. Released 2-24-2010.

Well I knew that was gonna be the first response. Yeah I know, but not many people are in there too often. Just thought someone might be more likely to see it here.

I can't speak to the 922 as I don't have one, but I have used the slingbox Pro HD which ultimately serves the same purpose. The Sling doesn't act as a tuner itself, but basically as a video router that simply sends the programming displayed on tuner #1 through the network to be viewed either on a local network, or via the internet if you're outside your local network.

Now because my slingbox utilizes an IR receiver that connects from the slingbox and transmits to my 722, I am limited to tuner #1 since #2 is RF and won't receive the IR signal.

The 922 could be different in that regard, so your mileage may vary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)