ViP 922 Technician Install - $95

FlyingGimp

Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 10, 2003
I called to order a 922 and was told that a $95 technician fee was required. I don't want to take off work to meet a technician, so I chose not to order.

Did everyone have this requirement or do some CSRs allow ordering without the technician install?

I got the same answer, but the CSR said I could add the dish protection plan that costs $6 a month, it would lower the technician install to $15. The CSR said I could add it right now and use it to get a $15 tech install if I ordered the 922. Try asking about this. The only draw back is the protection plan costs $24 to take off later on down the line

Do we have to have a tech visit to get a 922? Cant we just have E* ship us the unit, like they did my replacement 622 when the HD died?

after 30 days I dont think there is fee to take it off. I could be wrong soo many people rumors around saying this and that. but think about it $6 + $24 + $15= $45 which in my math means better then $95 right?

So:

$200 to lease
$10 for the DVR fee
$17 for the leasing fee
and now
$95 to install.

Wow, I think I'll pass on this one.

Actual total would be $245 now, if u do the protection plan and if this is the only reciever u have then it would be $4 extra a month. so total $249 this month to get it.

I ordered mine , $200 , added the service plan for $6/m. The installation fee is $15. And I'll take it off tomorrow for another $25.

They told me even if I pay $649 and BUY the 922 I still would have to pay &10/m. Which doesn't make sense.

Now I gave a quesion. I am replacing my 622 with this one. Do I have to pay the $17/month in addition to the $10/m ?!

Thanks

Thank you , kind Sir :).

How do they decide which reciever is primary. I have an old VIP211 that SHOWS as my primary on my account. Would I be better of to tell them to replace The 211 to avoid $17/month ?!

f749dabf.jpg

And probably not bug free, and with some features yet to some - like full read/write to EHDs. I'm sure it will be great down the road, but can't imagine getting one yet.

My online account shows one of my leased 612's as primary, and my earlier/owned 722 as secondary. Nevertheless, my bill is correct, which is all I really care about. (I get two $10 fees and not a $10 and a $17 fee.)

I'm replacing a dvr listed as the secondary receiver. Without asking they told me that the new receiver would be primary. New monthly charge they quoted confrims that.