VIP timers: best way to recreate on Hopper?

Backup Brain

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 7, 2008
Healdsburg, CA
I have a 722 with about 50 separate timers. I plan to upgrade to a Hopper ASAP. I know that many of the 722's timers will become unnecessary because of Primetime Anytime. But of the others, will there be any way to transfer them to the Hopper, from, say, Dish Online? Or will I be forced to recreate them on the Hopper? If so, I would probably go to Dish Online before Hopper installation, load up the Timers page and print it out as a reference. Then after the Hopper is installed, search for programs and recreate the timers as needed.

Anyone have a better solution?

Last edited:
Assuming you do not have the K model, your best bet is to take a picture of your pages of timers and Dish Pass. And of course your idea also.

I don't have the 722K, so it looks as though it'll be manual re-creation of timers. Lucky I like messing with this stuff. :D

Just making a list of things I need to do before and after Hopper/Joey installation:

Before:

Archive unwatched shows on 722 to external hard drive (8 episodes of Fringe moved last night)
Make a record of 722 timers
Remove SlingAdapter and EHD from 722
Remove EHD from 211

After:

Connect SlingAdapter and EHD
Learn new Hopper user interface
Re-create 722 timers on Hopper, taking into account now-redundant timers covered by PTAT
Reprogram living room and bedroom Harmony remotes for new equipment
Confirm DishOnline and iPhone and iPad apps work with new setup
Retrain wife on new equipment in both locations

This should be fun. No, really.

Luckily most of my timers are Network shows.. meaning I have no timers to set for those shows.
The rest of the I wrote them down in a text file on my computer, so when I got to program them in I will have them all at hand.

For those of us with a 922, since the 922 remote can supposedly be paired to the Hopper, could one restore the timers from the System Wizard backup stored in the remote?

Same here. Might be "for future use."

If they become of interest, then we can reprogram a hard button or screen button.

Assuming you do not have the K model, your best bet is to take a picture of your pages of timers and Dish Pass. And of course your idea also.

Problem with taking pictures is that it doesn't show the channel nor the new/all parameters. I like the idea of being able to get the timers from Dish Online. I'll have to look into that.

But what about the colored buttons on the new 40.0 remote? I have to confess I have no idea what they even do.
Some screens have commands across the top. You can either cursor to them or you can notice there's a color splotch next to the command and press the corresponding color button on the remote. Also, the color-button shortcuts I tried were the same as the 922, see http://www.dishuser.org/922supp.php

We don't know a lot, and won't, until it's in the wild.

Will the 2013 Fords have auto parking in them?

We don't know a lot, and won't, until it's in the wild.

Will the 2013 Fords have auto parking in them?

Well the 2012s do, and many of the 2013s will be built on the same chassis as the 2012, so I'd say yes! I'm hopeful for similar for the Hopper/"restore timers from remote "option since it was supposedly based on a lot of the 922's guts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)