VIP211 and SuperDish

algar423

Original poster
Jun 12, 2008
Can someone please let me know if the following is possible:

I currently have a SuperDish with Dish Network Family 100 programming.
I would like to upgrade my programming to only Dish HD programming, no more locals, strictly the HD channels.
I purchased a VIP211 HD Receiver today and I am hoping I can use my SuperDish to point to satellite 129 and just receive those HD channnels.
Will this work?, a tech support person at Dish Network said it will.
I just want to make sure, before I get out there.

Please I need Help!:confused:

Yes you can. Set your skew to 90. Next adjust your elevation. Then adjust azimuth. The dish might not point dead on to 129 depending on the dish type so be prepared to point several degrees off of 129's azimuth.

When I asked in this forum the same question, but for pointing only at 61.5 Sat, I was told two negatives to the idea:

#1: I would lose TNT HD, HDNet, HDNetMovies, DiscHDTheater because they are on the 110 Sat

#2: I would lose the 10 day program guide, because it downloads from the 119 Sat

I believe they may a repoint kit for the superdish to get 119/110/129. Call DISH and ask about this. If you go this route, take a pic of your dish and post it here so we can identify which SuperDish you have to ensure the repoint kit will work for it.

vegas is right on as usual. I use them all the time on superdishes. My office calls them 129 repoint kits. The superdish is nice and large - pulls in 129 quite well. The kit consists of a new arm, and a 3 lnb yoke. You will need two more additional dish pro duals besides the one you have currently on your dish.

Around here I don't even have to adjust the skew or elevation unless the mount is not level - just loosen the dish and about a 1/8" turn and bam!!

This setup always gives me better signal strength than a 1000.2 dish

If you have a sd121, just add a 129 lnb. No need to repoint or buy anything other than a DP single.

I'm in an old sd121 market and do this every day for adding 129. Better signal than smaller dish.

If you have a sd121, just add a 129 lnb. No need to repoint or buy anything other than a DP single.

I'm in an old sd121 market and do this every day for adding 129. Better signal than smaller dish.

How are you adding an LNB to a SuperDish? Perhaps you are thinking of the 118.7 dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts