Vip211 info / screen shots.

John Kotches

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 21, 2003
Troy, IL (STL Area)
I got my 211 in today, and thought I'd share some info ;)

The program guide (as mentioned before) is widescreen and does carry out for 48 hours once it loads up. In addition, the channel number overlays the preview window (see first attachment).

I don't know if other receivers do this, but this is the first time I've run across a receiver that actually has channel preview within System Setup along with channel information (see second attachment). Sorry about the PQ here, I wasn't using a tripod for the shots so it's slightly blurred.

As with the 811 (and I think the 9xx DVRs), Local OTA Digital channel guide info is propogated from locals from the guide for locals from the Dish guide.

So far, no bugs, but I've got less than 2 hours of time in so it's a bit early to tell...

Attachments

• Guide-med.jpg
    Guide-med.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 378
  • Menu-med.jpg
    Menu-med.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 377
Already got the Favorites list setup I see. :)

The units I have played with have been decent with no real bugs found. I do hope yours is the same way. :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
Already got the Favorites list setup I see. :)

The units I have played with have been decent with no real bugs found. I do hope yours is the same way. :)

I forgot to mention in MENU you can do searches by Title or Info.

Cheers,

John what output are you using? I notice on your screen shot of the guide, you have alot of space on the left. On my 211 using the HDMI output, the picture is off center, but shifted to the left to the point that the first letters of the station ID's are chopped off and I have a large blue bar on the right side. I confirmed it to occur on my other HD set when I hooked the 211 to it also, so it is not monitor related, but a receiver problem.
If I use the component output, the picture is centered just fine.
As for bugs, the only thing I have seen is caller ID looks to need 2 rings to register. Other than that, I have had no problems in the 10 days I have had mine.

Last edited:
Dodge,

So far it seems superior to the 811, but it's really too soon to call because Fox is one of my best OTAs and that's where it's been this evening.

Tomorrow and Thursday when I'm on CBS, which is one of my weaker OTAs will be a better gauge.

Satin,

I wouldn't take much stock in the "lot of space". These are digicam shots that have been cropped and frankly the crop isn't perfect. I'm using component for the moment, I hope to be switching over to HDMI tomorow. There's an issue I've been having with my PJ and the digital input that I've been trying to resolve for 2 months (yes, really 2 months).

There's no chopping on my projector at this point, running 1:1 (720p to 720p). When I run some 1080i --> 720p tomorrow night I'll see if the results are different.

Cheers,

John,

The channel number in the preview window is 002-00 but the EPG calls it channel number 002-01. On my 811, 00 subchannels are analog. I thought the 211 didn't have an analog OTA tuner.

How long did it take to get your 211 after ordering. Mine was ordered last Friday by a Tech Support person.

K4:

It doesn't have an analog tuner, but that's what the overlay is is 002-00. I can't help that ;)

I'd call it a bug, but not a big one.

I got mine from an internet source, and it took me about a week. 3 days shipping and 2 days waiting for stock to replenish. 5 days = 1 week in business days ;)

Cheers,

Hi new here. I have had my 211 for a few weeks. As far as bugs go, my caller ID does not work at all. It worked once now not at all. Phone line is connected and working. Anyone else have this problem?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)