VIP211 - Intentional auto turn off?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bobhaze

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 28, 2004
I just replaced an 811 with a 211. I usually keep the receiver on 24/7 so that I can record scheduled recordings on my HTPC. Despite this, I've noticed that the VIP211 seems to turn itself off, causing me to miss a couple of recordings. Of course I could schedule each event on the 211 also, but this should be unnecessary. Is this normal behavior for a 211 or should I call E* for an exchange.

Bob

RandallA said:
Go to Menu, 8, 7 and Disable. That should do the trick.
Thanks. I didn't notice that menu choice before. I don't think it was on the 811.

Bob

The disable fucntion does not work on my 211. I've reported it to Dish, but it would help if others would also report it. They say that I am the only one that has called on that problem. If yours does not disable, please call Dish and report it.

I was going to turn this off feature on my 2 411's but after some advise here I decided to leave it on. Reason, during the time it turns off, actually not turning off but going into a quasi standby mode, it is downloading new firmware and program guides. So unless you want to do the updateing manually I would leave it on. All it takes is a push of any button to turn it back on. By the way if you have an event that you want to record on a VCR and it overlaps the time for going into standby in the same menu you can change the time. Just MHO!

Rich Dunklee
NR2D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts