mdonnelly

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 26, 2004
Mustang, OK
From the Dish Tech Portal today:

11/20/2006: 1215 Software Version L3.42 for ViP 211/DP 411

Effective Tuesday, November 21st, Engineering plans to spool a PARTIAL PHASE of software version L3.42 for the ViP 211/DP 411 receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.

At this time L3.41 and L3.42 will be the valid software versions for the ViP 211/DP 411.

This is the first partial download for the 211 that I know of.

I love how it says this is a non-forced update (they all do I know), yet I can't turn off updates on my 211.

Hmm I thought you could set it to where is must have your approval to update.. Either way should be fine..

Well, Got the update last night, Handshake issue is still there on espnHD and my OTA local channels. I think I am gonna give up and return this VIZIO plasma to COSTCO and get a Panasonic.:)

Yeah sometimes software updates will take care of HDMI issues but not always. Sometimes it is on the TV side of things just how the manufacture designed the HDMI input on their sets. Thats why some brand of TV's will have issue while other main brands will not. Vizio is one I have never heard of which does not mean that it is not a good tv. But it most likely is not a main manufacture like Sony,Samsung,Panasonic,LG so forth. So yes sometimes the issue will be on the receiver end but not always.

Scott if you found out what this update is post to do please post the info.

Find that audio select button on your receiver and toss that optical cable...they added a very awesome feature!!!! Multi channel audio out the HDMI. I am watching hdnet right now and DD5.1 is coming down hdmi to my receiver. :)

I think I checked 3.41 when it was released and it was 2 channel only over hdmi.

Find that audio select button on your receiver and toss that optical cable...they added a very awesome feature!!!! Multi channel audio out the HDMI. I am watching hdnet right now and DD5.1 is coming down hdmi to my receiver. :)

I think I checked 3.41 when it was released and it was 2 channel only over hdmi.

so how do you have your connection set up between the satellite receiver, TV and audio receiver ?

I think the update disabled my optical connection, will no longer work. Called Dish and they were not aware of any issues with optical cables. They took note. HDMI seems to work better but it is still squirely.

I'm not using optical audio. I don't notice any difference with this version.

Caller ID still doesn't show ID for all calls like the 811 does.

I know this is probably a stupid question, but in my case if I'm having to use a DVI > HDMI cable because my display is DVI, this wouldn't work for me right?

Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)