NEOSG

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Jun 13, 2005
East Amherst, NY
Background:

VIP211 hooked up to DPP34 switch with 811 and 6000 also. Sat 61.5, 110, and 119
Output used on VIP211 is component and S-Video

Some VIP MPEG4 channels have the right 1/5th of the screen is pixelated in green and otherwise garbled.
These are the channels with the problem.

NFLHD
UHD
StarzHD
HGHD
Food

Any ideas or advice of things to try before calling Dish tech support

Thanks in advance

1st power down the receiver then unplug the receiver for about 5 minutes plug it back in then check the channels you were having issues with. If you still have the same then plug your component cables into the component video input on your TV. Most TV have 2 component inputs so basically try the other one. If your still having issues call Dish have them send you a replacement 211.

thanks for the suggestions. I tired the power cycle a few times. Leaving box unplugged for 5-10 minutes. Didn't bother with component switch, as it is happening on RCA/Composite outputs and those go to computer not TV. Forgot, it also happens on coax output.

I am thinking I will have to contact Dish.

Background:

VIP211 hooked up to DPP34 switch with 811 and 6000 also. Sat 61.5, 110, and 119
Output used on VIP211 is component and S-Video

Some VIP MPEG4 channels have the right 1/5th of the screen is pixelated in green and otherwise garbled.
These are the channels with the problem.

NFLHD
UHD
StarzHD
HGHD
Food

Any ideas or advice of things to try before calling Dish tech support

Thanks in advance

Is it pixelization or a green rectangle? I know that Samsung LCD Tvs and some RCAs have been known to show a green rectangle on certain HD channels, on the right side of the screen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts