Vip211 S-video output issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mrbill71

Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
Hello everyone,

I've been dvd-recording episodes of the Friday night block of Cartoon Network shows for my son since it's on past his bedtime. Up until this week all went just fine. I record off of the high-def channel through s-video (I know not the best, but it works for us) to my DVD-Recorder.

However this week when we watched them instead of having the 4x3 screen with the high-def picture letterboxed. It was the 4x3 screen with the edges chopped off.

The only change I can think of is that I put in the new card. (It was cardless before, and they sent out the new smart card)

Has anyone else seen this? Is there a menu option to change to get the letterboxed formatted picture?

I searched for this and didn't see anything.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

My setup:

Vip211 Receiver (Not in front of it so I'm not sure of the firmware at the moment) Ouptut to DVD recorder s-video, output to TV HDMI.
Panasonic DVD Recorder DMR-ES20 Output to TV compenent cables.
Toshiba Regza 32 Inch TV

Format Button

I believe I checked that but I will go back and make sure... I'm also wondering if it's a "fix" that's part of the software upgrade for the ability to make it a DVR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)