vip211 signal loss message 015

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sundown

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 29, 2008
Is anyone else experiencing this problem???

A few weeks ago the "Attention 015" error message appeared and would not progress beyond "Step 3 of 5" when trying to acquire a satellite signal on my vip211. Called tech support and a Dish service technician came out the next day to check everything out, and ended up replacing the receiver. Everything was fine until the following morning when the same problem reappeared. Again, called in and a service technician came out and replaced the receiver. This is an ongoing problem, and I am now on a 4th receiver replacement.

Since you are on your 4th receiver, One would have to assume that sometime soon, one of the techs will suspect a cable or LNB problem. You might want to point out that replacing the box has not yet solved the problem.

UPDATE: 6-10-08

It appears that software update L438 on 5-13-08 is likely the cause of the problem, this morning the software was updated to L439 and the problem is still unresolved. Everything worked properly with L437.

Apparently, there is some conflict whenever OTA locals are added; everything works properly otherwise. In order to recover from “signal loss message 015” first reset to factory defaults (menu 6, 5) then reset the receiver by either unplugging the power cord for 30 seconds or pushing the power button on the receiver until it flashes.

It seems strange that no one else is reporting this problem, perhaps it is because I subscribe to the DishHD only package without Dish locals. I also have a vip722 in the house and have not had any issues with it; this was a new install only two months ago

Same problem with 622 & 722 receivers

I had the same problem. About three weeks ago was the first time it happened. I had a 622 receiver. Tech came out, wasted over 3 hours of my time, and replaced the receiver. Then same problem happened earlier this week. Tech came out yesterday, again wasted over 3 hours of my time, and ended up replacing the receiver. This time with a 722 receiver. Before leaving, he guaranteed me I won't have the problem again (as he replaced everything between the dish and the box as well as the box itself). What's funny too is the Field Service Manager stopped in on this tech to double check all of his work. Guess what, get up this morning, same problem. So, I called Dish Network and scheduled another service call. I thought in the meantime, there has got to be a fix. I found this forum, and boom, I fixed the problem myself (with the suggestion above).
I called Dish Network back and told the Tech Dept. what I had discovered. They said they were going to get a message to the engineering dept. about fixing the software "glitch." I said great, but in the meantime, you need to give me locals without charging me for them. After quite some time, they agreed to give me locals free for two months while they tried to fix the problem. Hopefully, they have it fixed by then.
Sure is funny that they supposedly are not aware of this problem. I guess it has cost them two receivers, a whole bunch of wire, and about 8 to 10 man hours in my case. I'm sure there must be others.
Has anyone found a way to receive OTA channels without getting this message?
Thanks!!

I had the same problem (on a VIP211), and followed the same steps as you describe, which would work until the box do an inactivity shut down, then the problem would re-occur. I called tech support and they wasted my time trying to take me through the same steps I had done countless times already until it was time for the game to come on(NBA Finals), so I hung up. I went on vacation for two weeks and when I got back, problem was gone. In light of this, I assumed it was a software issue (which was my suspicion all along) solved by an upgrade. It would be nice if they let us know when an upgrade occurs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)