VIP211 VCR Recording mode issue

mabrandt

Original poster
May 9, 2006
I have had a 211 for a while now and most of the problems I had seem to have been corrected, but I still occasionally experience the following. I have a DVD recorder hooked up to the analog output. I use this to record dish shows and OTA when I'm already recording OTA on my DVR. Anyway, I set the timer to tune the channel and turn the reciver on. Sometimes, but not always, I go to watch the recording and all I have is an hour of blank screen. No sound, nothing. I always start my DVD recording to start a minute beofre the dish turns on and turn off a minute after. That screensaver records great. Just blank in the middle. You can actully see where it turns on and when it turns itself off. Has anyone seen this before and have a fix or workaround. It's a real pain to not trust that the show you scheduled to record might not work.

Thanks!

I have had the same problem some of the time with my 211. I thought I may be doing something wrong. I have a DVD Recorder with a hard drive and I record to the hard drive. I solved the problem by using the ERD setting for recording instead of the VCR. I just set the time on the recorder as you described and chose ERD setting on the receiver and it seems to work just fine.