Vip211k compatibility question

kikenovic

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
Somewhere in time
Will a Vip211k work with a Dish 500 antenna ?

Thanks.

More details:

I'm a new customer located close to Chicago, I'm pretty sure I'll be getting a 1000.4 dish installed with the Vip211 (no southwest view like one of my neighbors).

I plan to visit some relatives in McAllen, TX for the holidays. They have a 500 dish in place from an old account they canceled a few months ago. I would like to take the receiver with me for a couple of weeks.

Thanks.

Last edited:
The 211k will work with all Dish LNB types. Just perform a Check Switch at menu-6-1-1 each time you change the connected LNB/switch configuration. There is some national HD at 110°. You will not get the HD from 61.5° or Chicago locals.

I am setting a ViP 211k for a friend and I am testing it at home first. I can get it to switch from 110 to 119 (Signal 77 and 55) and but it will not switch to 129. I have exchanged to LNB head. I have done the switch test and shows good connection but no signal. I connected the ViP 211k to my FTA and I can receive 129.

I have a twinhan 102g Computer card, will the DiSeqc commands from the card operate the switch on the 1000.2 dish?

I have had no luck with Dish Support as I do not have an account. Its not my system

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)