VIP211k DVR Activation issue

deviousrlm

Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
This has been frustrating... I recently got DISH installed with both a VIP211k and a VIP722. I've called in now 4 times to try and get my 211k activated for the external hard drive for the DVR functionality and it never works. Each time I plug in the Hard Drive, it mentions "you must call in for Actviation". (Furthermore, they mentioned they would take the charge off my bill and haven't... I can handle that with a phone call I hope)

I have 2 receivers, a 722 and a 211k. Each time I mention I want this for the 211k... and I'm wondering if for some reason it is only getting activated on the 722? (which, by the way, does work with the external hard drive I have). So it works on the 722, which I don't need it on, but it never gets activated on the 211k.

Besides calling up again and trying, any suggestions? Should I unplug my 722 while they are trying to send down the activation? It's almost like my 722 is 'stealing' the activation...

Help is appreciated... thanks!

Did you get billed $40 twice? because the features for external hard drive for the 722 and the 211 are 2 completely different features and each costs $40. On the 722 you are paying for archival capability, and for the 211 you are paying to enable DVR capability. If you did not want the archiving on the 722, then customer service has activated the wrong external hard drive service, if you did want the archival capability on the 722, then it's possible Dish CSRs are misunderstanding your request. Research some of the old threads from when DVR capability first came out for the 211 for more info on the differences between these two services.

Tell the CSR that you specifically want the EHD activated with the DVR code and NOT the archive code (you evidently already have that on your account). If they don't understand, ask to receive help from the tech department. They have to enter an activation code and they are putting in the wrong one. Oh yeah, check your bill.

Thanks for the tips-- I actually just unplugged my 722 and then when the csr sent down the activation, it worked fine. they removed all the activation charges due to all the issues I was having... So I guess I have archiving for my 722 and DVR for my VIP211. Woohoo!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)