VIP211K hangs on Switch test

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rv1dish

Original poster
Jan 25, 2013
Florida
I installed a vip211K today in my RV and hooked it up to the single LNB dish on the roof that my old receiver dp-130 was hooked to and have tried and tried to get it to work.
It keeps hanging on switch test! I don't have a switch and it only sees one satellite at a time. Dish suggested I clear the info by disconnecting the satellite cable and running a switch test. Well, have tried that and it has hung up now for the past hour so obviously it has a problem with switch test.

When I look at the signal meter it shows the satellite I have it at (119) and good signal strength.

Is it possible that the VIP 211K has to have a dual lnb antenna or switch? I was told it did not and that I could just manually point the antenna at the 2 satellites as needed (119-110) and I have no problem with that. Anybody have any suggestions, ideas or have a similar problem? Thanks

you can use the 211k with a single LNB setup. When I got my 211 thats all I started with (I used a homemade setup to get 110,119 & 129....long story)

It should scan for 38 tests...does it show 1 of 38?

When I plugged the 211k in it asked me to do a few steps like whatever and hit the record button. I did that and it then went to step 2 where it states Downloading software from satellite. It then shows a progress bar and before it stops it indicates installing switch. I have somehow managed to go from there to the satellite signal meter test and check that it indicates none for switch as it should and that it has good signal on the satellite (119 tried and 110 tried) each satellite I set it to shows locked and good signal strength of 80 or more.

I called dish and they said unhook the receiver from the dish and run the switch test to clear it out. When I try that it just says testing 1 of 1 and never stops. I am at a loss as to why the thing keeps hanging at switch. I hooked up my dp-130 to see what it does and it comes up fine but since it is now obsolete according to dish I can't use it.
Oh well, looks like I send the receiver back to the dealer and stick to a tv antenna for now.

I don't think so. I just think I got a bum receiver! Of course it says re-manufactured on it so I had to wonder if I just had someone else's problems. Anyway I just finished every test I can think of and it is back in the box and waiting for UPS on Monday to go back.

I also notices I stated my 130 receievr above and it should have been 301 receiver that locks right up and displays the 101 channel. Anyway it goes in the trashcan I guess since it is obsolete when I actually get a 211k receiver that works!

Thanks all for the suggestions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts