VIP211K receiver compatible with what satellite dish?

cc10911

Original poster
Oct 1, 2012
SE Michigan
I have a motorhome and wanted to order the Dishformyrv package. I purchased the VIP211K receiver which is the one you have to use for this service but could find no signal from the dish I was using. It was a Dish 500 with DPP LNB and the people at Dish said it was not compatible with my receiver. I find that a little hard to believe. I should mention that I'm sharing this dish with a neighbor in the park that also has Dish service but just brought a receiver from home and had this dish installed and tuned in by a tech here in the area. He is not on the Dishformyrv program but being it is pointed to the correct coordinates I don't see how that would affect me sharing the same dish. ????? Any comments or suggestions??

Any Dish dish with Dish lnb's will work with the 211. Does the receiver already have sats listed under the check switch, it is possible you may be looking for a sat not in the matrix and the receiver may not see it. Or you may have a line of sight problem.

I would ask him to let you test the line connected to his receiver. I would connect it to your 211k and run a checkswitch test and then save the results if you see an 836 message. That should save the SATS into the matrix while at the same time verifying there isn't an issue with your 211k.

Run checkswitch with NOTHING connected from the dish. Then connect the coax and run it again.

I should mention that the 211 I had was returned as the tech that I was on the phone with for over an hour said it was defective. It seems we did run it thru the checkswitch process but when you're pushing buttons that you are told I guess you can't be sure just what test I was running. I looked at the checkswitch process just now at dishformyrv and some of what I did looked familiar but some did not.
When I first read the instructions it said to hook the receiver to my tv but not the coax cable and turn it on as well as the tv. I had the tv on 3 but when I plugged the receiver into the outlet it automatically turned on. Is this normal?? I thought you controlled that with the hand held remote. Anyway it never did what I was supposed to do in regard to after I turned on the receiver, it said to push the "SAT" button on the remote and then the "RECORD" button. Nothing happened but then after a minute or so I got the NO SIGNAL warning. After attempting a couple more times is when I finally decided to call Dish. That's when they told me that the receiver was defective.
As far as the dish I was hooked up to, it's must be pointed in the correct direction for our area as the neighbor has no problem watching tv.
One last thing, when running the RG6 cable from the dish I had to use a 8" flat RG6 extension to pass under the window on the rv and then another short piece of RG6 to attach to the receiver. I did ask the tech whether this might be the problem but they said no. Supposedly he had to do the same thing at the apartment complex where he lived as they would not let him drill thru the exterior wall.
Well that's about all the more I can contribute to my dilema. Maybe I should go and purchase another 211 and try it again????

CC OK at Joey but not at Hopper

What is up with this?!?!?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)