VIP222 Internet Connection

wassupTC

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 12, 2007
Is this even possible?

The gentleman who installed our Dish had been checking on it, but his understanding was that Dish would be enabling the LAN port back in the first part of the year.

Has anybody got a 222 with an active LAN connection?

If anybody knows when Dish will finally enable that port, it'd be great to hear from you.

Thank you!

I know my 222 has an Ethernet connection but haven't actually tried hooking up to the net yet. I'll try later on today when I get a chance and see what happens.

I just tried mine this morning. No luck. I'll keep watching. I need it because I don't have a phone jack in the room where the 222 is located.

I have mine already hooked up to my broadband router/switcher so I don't have to bend down later this year when it is activated as my 722 right above it is accessing the list of movies available via broadband.

Bump...

As of Monday night, my Vip 222 has received L306 and there are 2 things I have been able to notice:

1. Ethernet connection now active. My router indicates it. Also, the Dish system reads the IP address and confirms "Phone and Broadband Connections OK." Also, the pretty little lights on the back of the 222 at the Ethernet connection are on and blinking pretty lights :)

2. The long awaited fix of the TV 2 timers. Now, TV 2 timers read for TV2 and NOT TV1.

This is just a confirmation that the software is getting out there. Thanks to one who got the update first and let us know about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)