vip222 is acting up recently

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

chaskuchar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 16, 2010
saint charles, missouri
in the last three days the picture freezes but the sound continues normally. I reset with the red button in the front of the unit and after 5 minutes or so we have a normal picture again. is it time to buy a new unit? thanks, chas

I think I have checked it good. ventilation should be good. nothing is sitting on top of it on the shelf under the tv. I unplugged it several times and that doesn't change the results. sometimes it goes for a couple of days, sometimes it only lasts a couple of hours. sometimes the picture is locked and clear but the audio is right. sometimes the video is shaky, interspersed with links but it follows with the audio ok. any other clues as to what to do. thanks, chas

I think I have checked it good. ventilation should be good. nothing is sitting on top of it on the shelf under the tv. I unplugged it several times and that doesn't change the results. sometimes it goes for a couple of days, sometimes it only lasts a couple of hours. sometimes the picture is locked and clear but the audio is right. sometimes the video is shaky, interspersed with links but it follows with the audio ok. any other clues as to what to do. thanks, chas

Can you please send me a PM so that we can troubleshoot this issue for you.

Reactions: chaskuchar
I can't figure out how to pm you. it used to be that I could put the cursor on the name and it would have a pm available. pm me and I will answer. just turned on the tv and it was out of sorts again. chas

now I feel real stupid. I had clicked on the name but didn't see 'start a conversation' because it was darker blue on a dark blue background. almost had to take off my glasses and get my nose right to the screen to see it..... thanks for the support. I wish I could give you two likes... chas

Reactions: TheKrell
Can you please send me a PM so that we can troubleshoot this issue for you.
have you come up with anything yet? most important thing I need is to keep my local channels from the outside antenna. if there is another system that will take the plugin for ota, I would like that information. so far, it has not crashed since yesterday morning. and that was like 15 minutes after I turned on the system in the morning. chas

have you come up with anything yet? most important thing I need is to keep my local channels from the outside antenna. if there is another system that will take the plugin for ota, I would like that information. so far, it has not crashed since yesterday morning. and that was like 15 minutes after I turned on the system in the morning. chas
You could do a "Dishin' It Up" upgrade to a ViP722k, or you could purchase either a ViP722k or a 922. (The 922 is no longer available directly from Dish. You would need to find a retailer that sells them.) A lease upgrade would put a two-year commitment on your account. Either receiver would add a DVR fee to your account, if you don't already have one. (You did not say if the ViP222k is your only receiver.) The DVR fee on the ViP722k is $7 per month. The DVR fee on the 922 is $10 per month.

we have never used a dvr for tv other than occasional stuff and it has to no be hd to record. really don't need the record. so the vip222 and 722 are the only systems that have means to connect to ota? we are about 80 miles from Lincoln, Omaha and Sioux city. all those stations report the news around our area because we are kinda isolated here. dish gives us the Omaha stations but dish don't have the other channels besides the main channel and local sports and such are on the aux channels. the vip222 hasn't died in a couple of days now. weather is cooler and the house is cooler. might be a factor?

the signal strengths were from the transponder the receiver chose. I didn't do any switching between transponders. should I have done so? any, thanks for the info... I am able to hook the ota signal right to the tv but it was handy having it on the dish receiver. chas

The transponder will automatically select based on the channel you are on.

Tempature definitely can play a part. You can run an OTA through many receivers, including the 211 family.

The transponder will automatically select based on the channel you are on.

Tempature definitely can play a part. You can run an OTA through many receivers, including the 211 family.
Correct. I thought he was asking which receivers use the same OTA module as the ViP222k. Sorry I wasn't more clear in my earlier post. Any ViP or higher receiver is capable of integrating the OTA channels into the program guide.

Correct. I thought he was asking which receivers use the same OTA module as the ViP222k. Sorry I wasn't more clear in my earlier post. Any ViP or higher receiver is capable of integrating the OTA channels into the program guide.
I was response to OP. I apologize.

appreciate the help and infor. thanks a bunch. so far the receiver hasn't locked up yet. I don't know if I mentioned this before but the second output never messes up. it may be that the hd is messing up but as long as it is working, its ok. not a problem for me anyway, its difficult to train the wife to hit the reset when it goes. I will be down in the garden as far as I can get from the house and she calls and wants me to fix the tv... oh well, 45 years of fixing is ok. chas