ViP222 - Is there a special upgrade for this?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

KyDave

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 3, 2003
Kentucky
A lot was discussed for upgrading an 811 to a 211.

But I am interested in the 222. We currently just have a single receiver (811) and getting an additonal tuner for no extra fee looks great.

Are there any upgrade specials for this box? Or will it be used for new customers only.

Since the VIP222 doesn't exist, no. Maybe they'll release this unit one day, but it's not out yet.

Doesn't exist? It exists as much as any other vip unit. They had demo units setup at CES.

navychop said:
Since the VIP222 doesn't exist, no. Maybe they'll release this unit one day, but it's not out yet.
Need to look around a bit more before you post incorrect info. It may not be out, but either is the 622, but they both exist.

edit:

argh browser crashed. Anyways, look at the CES pics, there are a few of the ViP222 specs

Edit again.

I hate to post links to dbstalk, but it's the quick and dirty way. Heck they even have the link on their main page.
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=50366

As for an upgrade, I would hope they would allow at least the 322 owners to upgrade to it cheaply. I would like a 222 myself over a 211, but the 622 would also take care of this need. however, it doesn't look like the 222 will be out anytime soon, but I would be down the road there is an upgrade for it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)