VIP222 No Sound in Morning with HDMI

gbohner

Original poster
Dec 30, 2008
Boone, NC
I am using a VIP222 with HDMI connection to a new Vizio XVP 47" 120MHz HDTV. Every morning when I turn on the Dish Box and TV, there is NO SOUND. I can restore sound by rebooting the Dish box or cycling through all the HDMI inputs using the Vizio remote control. I do not have this problem with the VIP722 - it works perfectly.

I first reported this to Dish in October and they said it would be fixed with a software update. A software update was released, but I still have the problem. Currently using software version L309.

Any similar problems or resolutions???

Never had that problem, but fixing it is simple. Use component cables instead of HDMI. The majority of people won't even see the difference, some people even like the picture with component cables better.

I am using a VIP222 with HDMI connection to a new Vizio XVP 47" 120MHz HDTV. Every morning when I turn on the Dish Box and TV, there is NO SOUND. I can restore sound by rebooting the Dish box or cycling through all the HDMI inputs using the Vizio remote control.

Are you always turning things on in the same order? Does it work if you turn the TV on first?

Funny, I recently installed a vip222k to a sansui T.V. I used component and had a fair picture. The customer purchased an H.D.M.I. cable and then could'nt get a picture or any sound. I tried another H.D.M.I. a new vip 222k and we even went so far as to have the manager from the local alco store bring another sansui T.V. Im very interested as to if anyone has experienced anything like this. I was sure it was the T.V. so today we placed a 612 in its place, as im fairly confident in this receivers quality. Well to sum it up, the sansui picture works fine with the 612. Untill i can get a new 222 to swap out I can only hope that the third time will be the charm.

Funny, I recently installed a vip222k to a sansui T.V. I used component and had a fair picture. The customer purchased an H.D.M.I. cable and then could'nt get a picture or any sound. I tried another H.D.M.I. a new vip 222k and we even went so far as to have the manager from the local alco store bring another sansui T.V. Im very interested as to if anyone has experienced anything like this. I was sure it was the T.V. so today we placed a 612 in its place, as im fairly confident in this receivers quality. Well to sum it up, the sansui picture works fine with the 612. Untill i can get a new 222 to swap out I can only hope that the third time will be the charm.

Can we add this to the latest list of illnesses with the 222. It seems everybody with a 222, yours truly included, has some kind of major problem with it.

You've got to get that RMA'd so you can enjoy TV as it was meant to be :).
You'll have to explain to me then how my experience would improve from sound over TOSLINK optical to sound over HDMI, considering the limits of the 722. ;)

I might indeed RMA it if I didn't have a ton of things saved on the DVR at this point. The downsides of DVR: you can't separate the recordings from the device. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts