VIP222 Seems to be Broken

sidepart

Original poster
Jan 25, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
I tried searching around on here to see if anyone had a similar problem with the VIP222. I'm well aware of the constant freezing issues and all, that's not what this is.

A few weeks ago I noticed that my box was completely unresponsive. I hit the power button and nothing happens, the lights on the front don't change, picture doesn't come up, nada. I also see on the front panel that the Mode, TV1 and TV 2 lights are all on, but very dim. I've never seen this before.

So far I've only really been able to try unplugging the thing. Holding the power button down for 5-10s doesn't seem to be resetting the box like I'm used to. Unplugging it for 15-30 seconds, does turn it off of course. When I plug it back in, it cycles through all of the front panel lights, and then just goes back to all of them being dim again. I'm also unable to get anything on TV2.

I have gone through tech support so far, and after about 30 minutes, the gal told me to just replace the component cables and call back. I think that's pretty retarded myself, but you can't blame her seeing as probably 75% of her customers would be too technically inept to diagnose a dead receiver.

Anyway, has anyone else seen behavior like this in a vip222? Has anyone been able to reset it or get it back up and running again? I theorize that during one of it's 3am downloads, that it managed to get misflashed and turned into a brick. I'm so fed up with this craptastic vip222 box, anyone know how/if I can sweet talk the customer service into getting a 322 or something better?

Thanks!

EDIT: (Sorry, I completely missed the more specific technical discussions forum this probably belongs in).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)