Vip222k and Dish 500

supermiah

Original poster
Apr 26, 2010
FL
I am getting HD channels (eventually). I have currently a Dish receiver 301 and a dish 500. I have a switch at the dish (SW21) and a cable going into the house.

I just bought a VIP222k for my hd receiver so I can have it on two tvs (one wall separating them). I know I have to get a dish 1000.2 to get the HD channels, but I want to know can I set up the Vip222k and the Dish 500 and just get the standard channels on the two tvs?

I tried to hook it up and call tech support, but they just said I need a technician after we couldn't get it.

I could get the point dish screen on the first tv, but when I do the check switch it gives me an error (530) saying something is not hooked up right.

I have a triplex in the house that the single cable from the dish 500 is going into. Then I hooked up the TV1, TV2, and the other cable (the channel one 23-69) to that port on the back.

IS this possible? Can I get the standard channels on two TVs while I am waiting on the 1000.2? I will have a coax cable going to the second tv. But not sure where to hook it into the receiver.

Thanks.

So i would get rid of the switch (sw21) and just run two cables from the LNB?
Yes, you would need to eliminate the switch, run two lines to the back of the 222, don't use the separator. TV2 comes out of the yellow distibution port on the back of the 222. TV2 sets to channel 60 "AIR" by default.

In Florida, there's a pretty good chance that the 1000.2 is not the correct dish for your HD local channels.

Giving you accurate information depends on two things:

1. What DMA you live in
2. What receivers you want to end up with

It should be everyone's goal to get rid of legacy switchgear where feasible.

you will need 2-sw21 switches with a line from each switch to each tuner input with your current set-up.
the post that said remove the switch is wrong, unless you only want to get one satellite signal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)