VIP222K - HD Channels Pixelate

TommyHawk

Original poster
Jan 20, 2009
Indiana
Hey all.

We got a VIP222K/Dual Tuner receiver back in October when we upgraded to HD. However, we seem to have some issues with the HD channels pixelating rather bad. The SD channels are fine. However, it seems to happen whenever there are fast cuts, pans, etc. VERY active during sports programs. It will pixelate half the screen for a second, or give us funky colors in the pixelation like greens or hot pinks, etc.

We called a repair person here from Dish the other day, but strangely the pixelation cleared up! Now it's back!

The repairman suggested it was the TV's refresh rate. Two things with this.... the SD channels are fine. Plus on our second TV which is a standard 13" SD TV it does it on there too!

Does anyone know what it might be? Does this sound familiar to anyone at all?

I appreciate any help you guys can offer.

Sorry ended up away for the holidays. I'll tell you what I have on the three basic sats I was told to check (not sure if they are the right Transponders, its just what it goes to by default.)

110 on Transponder 19 has a strength level of 61
119 on Transponder 19 has a strength level of 61
129 on Transponder 19 has a strength level of 49 (my HD sat seems low doesn't it?)

If you need different sat/trans numbers just let me know.

As far as my Check switch stats, if I am reading it right, both inputs show as "Okay" on 3 out of 4 ports. The 4th port just says N.C. Reception Verified. Sorry I don't do this often, not sure if that's the info you're looking for.

somethings just a little off

Sorry ended up away for the holidays. I'll tell you what I have on the three basic sats I was told to check (not sure if they are the right Transponders, its just what it goes to by default.)

110 on Transponder 19 has a strength level of 61
119 on Transponder 19 has a strength level of 61
129 on Transponder 19 has a strength level of 49 (my HD sat seems low doesn't it?)

If you need different sat/trans numbers just let me know.

As far as my Check switch stats, if I am reading it right, both inputs show as "Okay" on 3 out of 4 ports. The 4th port just says N.C. Reception Verified. Sorry I don't do this often, not sure if that's the info you're looking for.

You should be getting a level that is about the same on all 3 of the birds. So it sounds like the skew of the dish needs to be slightly adjusted. If you want to do it your self here's how. Make sure that 119 it peaked to max reading. Then go to 129 & peak it. The see if all have about the same lvl. I personally use 17 but it really doesn't make that much diff. I just looked at the list and all 3 sats have conus on 19 so that will work out fine. All 3 should be close to the same lvl. try to make sure they are in the high 50's to low 60's. With the lvls you have they are just off by a small amt. Really 49 is OK but if you have time & inclined to do so try a little peaking. really you should be getting the problems with that kind of lvl anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts