VIP612 Composite Output

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JrC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 6, 2006
HowlerVille, MI
Just had a VIP612 installed alone with a transition to the EA.

I would like to know if the following issues are common to the VIP612 or should I have the receiver replaced.

1) frequently the video and audio will drop out then return with moments later. The receiver is connected the same way the 510DVR had been connected for years. Replacing the cables made no difference. I have connected other devices that do not have these drop outs.

2) sometimes when I tune to a channel the output to becomes squeezed. Cycling the SD format between normal and zoomed corrects this.

Thanks
Jim

I've noticed these as well on both of my past VIP612.
I don't like these receivers.
I refused a 3rd replacement, so a 722k is what I got this time around.

I noticed the Picture formats would change on their own to settings I couldn't change manually without a reboot. It was a rare thing, but if it happends more the twice , off to the Junk yard I send them.
Both Also had Hardrive issues, Dropouts durring play back at random. :rant:

Nothing is as good as my 622. I've had this since I've started July 2007 and NEVER an issue at all.
722 is good, but this still has bugs, I get some random recording dropouts, and my component outputs don't work.
But I'm waiting Untill Either the 622 Dies or the 722, Because then ,I'm going to bitch untill I get a 922.:D

Just had a VIP612 installed alone with a transition to the EA.

I would like to know if the following issues are common to the VIP612 or should I have the receiver replaced.

1) frequently the video and audio will drop out then return with moments later. The receiver is connected the same way the 510DVR had been connected for years. Replacing the cables made no difference. I have connected other devices that do not have these drop outs.

2) sometimes when I tune to a channel the output to becomes squeezed. Cycling the SD format between normal and zoomed corrects this.

Thanks
Jim

I had the 1st issue with all 5 612s that came through our house, one DOA, so had 6 in three months (we have two). They finally agreed to replace them with a different model and since its the only hd solo dvr I am getting two duos, just had one installed today, 722k. I would get a replacement 612, some people say they have gotten good ones, but if you keep getting the same issue ask for a different model, call executive customer service when you get to this point. The guy even is giving me $14 a month for a year to take care of the extra $7 a month we would pay over the 2year contract because its an extra duo on the account, so our bill stays the same. But again, they won't do this until after you have had several, probably 3 with the same issue in a short amount of time.

I had the VIP612 replaced today with another VIP612. I have not seen the audio/picture drop out yet. Time will tell. The video still becomes compressed at times. I seems to happen when the SD format is set to "Full Zoom".

Thanks,
Jim

The replacement receiver also has the drop outs. I noticed this morning while playing back a recorded show that there was some video skipping. It did not repeat when I backed it up an replayed the same segment.

I am not happy with the VIP612.

Jim

The replacement receiver also has the drop outs. I noticed this morning while playing back a recorded show that there was some video skipping. It did not repeat when I backed it up an replayed the same segment.

I am not happy with the VIP612.

Jim

It it is not there when you go back it most likely is the hdmi problem, see if it happens with component. If it does its the same problem you were getting before. Sorry to say but you will just have to keep getting replacements until you get one that works or they give you a different model.

It it is not there when you go back it most likely is the hdmi problem, see if it happens with component. If it does its the same problem you were getting before. Sorry to say but you will just have to keep getting replacements until you get one that works or they give you a different model.

I am using the composite connection. No HD TVs (just old analog ones) connected to this receiver.

Thanks though.
Jim

I just replaced a 508 that worked great with a VIP 612--and have had problems with the receiver completely freezing up. This has happened 4 times in the 3 days that I have had the receiver. Have been able to restart the receiver doing a power button restart. I have not seen a fix for this problem. Suggestions please.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)