VIP612 & DishOnline

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BiollyBob

Original poster
Mar 11, 2007
I have my 612 connected to the Internet via the Ethernet connection. When I select DishONLINE from the DVR menu and then select of of the choices, it says, "Processing you request..."

My router shows that the device sending messages to two DishNetwork dot tv urls (which I can not post because of forum rules).

I called DN's technical support. They told me the DishONLINE feature is not yet implemented on the 612.

I have read things here that implies DishONLINE does work on the 612.

What is truth?

The DishONLINE feature works on my 612, has from the day I connected the reciever to my home network (about 3-4 months ago). It has a fairly large list of content that can be ordered, downloaded and viewed, some of which is "free".

Nope, no beta testing going on here! :) And just to make sure something hadn't changed I ordered a short program and it is indeed still working. At what point do you get the "Processing" message, when you select say "Just Added"? Mine comes up with a list of titles when I select "Just Added", "DISH Theater" or "TV Entertainment". The only one that doesn't work is "After Hours" which pops a 943 message saying " This feature is not available for viewing in your area"

I had problems with Dish Online due to DNS with my router.
To quote myself:

Turned out to be DNS after all.
With router default (it's own IP as DNS - doing relay), no worky.
If I set DHCP on the router to hand out the outside Comcast DNS servers that the router itself is using, it works.
Switched back to default to confirm and reset connection on 622, and it did break again.

So, it looks like DNS relay in this router has issues with Dish.
Kinda strange - no problems with anything else.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...47195-dishonline-wont-stay-online-vip622.html

I think the DNS function must be working ok.

When I use the broadband setup function to reset the broadband connection, I can see a message going out to www.dishaccess.tv on the router outgoing log. I see a message coming back from 4.71.42.136 (www.dishaccess.tv).

When I select one of the DishONLINE functions (such as DISH Theater), I get the "Processing your.." message, the router log shows a message to www.dishaccess.tv but the log shows no message coming back. After about 2 minutes the DishONLINE screen goes away and is replaced by live TV.

The dishaccess.tv is getting a message but is not responding to it. Either the 612 is not sending the right message or dishaccess.tv is not processing it correctly.

I have talked to DishNetworks tech support people several times with totally frustrating results. I was first told that the feature was not yet implemented on the 612. When I told them that I knew it worked for some people, they told me they were beta testers. When I told them that they were not beta testers they told me that it takes a couple of weeks to a month to get everything downloaded onto a new reciever.

In my frustration, I asked for a discount until this advertised feature worked. I thought that this request might get them to try a little harder. They told me their computer would not allow that. I asked to speak to a supervisor. I was told that the supervisor was not there and that I should call back. They would not tell me a name of the supervisor other than "Mike." I asked them to have Mike call me back. They said they would pass on the message but they were not sure that he would call me back. Mike has not called me back.

What do you guys with experience with DishNetwork reccomend that I do now?

It would be very difficult to connect the 612 directly to the dsl modem.

My experimentation has shown me the Broadband Setup function on the 612 will not report "Connected Online" until it actually gets a response from www.dishaccess.tv. Given this, I am pretty sure physical and logical network connection is operating correctly.

My best guess at this moment somebody at DishNetwork needs to authorize the www.dishaccess.tv site to allow my particular reciever to access DishONLINE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts