VIP612 problems

Refreshing this thread. I have a VIP612 that freezes up. When it does the remote does not work and the only way to unfreeze it is to hold down the reset button or unplug it. It reboots and after about 10 minutes I get the picture back. I've tried other receivers in that spot and the problem stays with the 612. I've call Dish to get a new one (I have the PP) but get VERY frustrated when the CSR keeps asking me to do things over and over again eg "hit the menu button on the remote" - I have told you the ONLY button that works is reset!!
Is there a "shortcut" to getting a replacement box sent out without 50 questions??

I have a VIP612 DVR in the shop/cave. The past few weeks it has had the green power light on when I have gone out there after it has been off. It wont turn on or off, the tv screen is just black when I turn the tv on. I can hear the fan running in the dvr. When I press and hold the power/reset button on the front of the dvr, the fan will speed up, the green light will go out. When I release the power button, the green light will come back on and the fan will slow down. The only way I can reset it is by unplugging. It has happened 3 or 4 times lately.

Thanks for any help.
I have had this VIP612 since april of 2014. It has a delay when u change channels where the audio and the picture take a few seconds to come up. It jerks and freezes on every channel. Particularly when u r watching a show that u had on pause for a while. Very annoying. It also has a tint problem that I haven't been able to adjust out. It doesn't do this on netflix or when I am watching a DVD thats why I know its from the DVR itself. I would like to get this fixed or replaced but the last Dish tech that came here was more concerned about his next call than he was about fixing my DVR.

It also has a tint problem that I haven't been able to adjust out. It doesn't do this on netflix or when I am watching a DVD thats why I know its from the DVR itself.
So you are running all your components into an AV receiver, outputting to the same TV HDMI input?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)