VIP622 110 + 119 issue

ckpuma7938

Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
NJ
Hi there, I'm a new member and have a question. I have DISH 500 and a VIP622 hooked up to it. A week ago my 119 signal went out, so I figured out it's the switch. While waiting for the new switch I got a message that says "fewer satellites are available ...", and I selected it. Got a new switch and replaced the old one but now the 119 is missing alltogether from the system menu - it's a blank square box right next to the 110. Anyone with any info, suggestions? Thanks

Run checkswitch menu 6 > 1 > 1
Clear the switch by running checkswitch without any input by disconnecting both coax feeds
Run checkswitch menu 6 > 1 > 1 after reconnecting coax

and
Make sure no tree branch has grown to block signal

Signal strength on 110 is 75. It used to be in the 100s. No 119 whatsoever - if a tree branch is the problem, shouldn't I have at least some signal?

With current software, the signal strength bar on the screen will rarely read above 85. Most transponders are in the 60s-70s. If the trees are dense enough, it can kill the signal completely

would a dish1000 or a dish pro have a better signal reception than my 500. I'm asking this, because it seems like a big tree in my neighbor's yard might be the culprit. I trimmed a small one directly in front and am getting 10-14 signal now. thanks for all replies.

What exactly do you have for equipment, LNBs and switches? You seem to have very missmatched equipment, for a 622 the expectations would be satellites 129/61.5 or 72.7 to get High Definition? And why a 622 it is the oldest of the HD DVRs?

Defintily sounds like a tree issue. A 1000.2 won't help as 129 would be blocked by the same tree. A 1000.4 would work depending on which sat your locals are on.

You will get more HD channels by adding 72.7 but you might lose your local channels unless you get them now on 61.5

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)