Vip622 hooked to a TiVo?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The TiVo provides a larger hard drive for recording SD movies and you save the 622 for 35 hours of HD only. I have two TiVos connected to a 211 and an 811. 35 hours is not very much recording capacity. I can save the $5 month for two receivers and get rid of one of my TiVos.

Last edited:
I have my TiVo Series 2 hooked to the composite/RCA of my TV1 output. I just have to be sure to set the screen format to stretch so the picture is not all scrunched up.

The Tivo changes channels on the 622 when it wants to record thru the IR blaster.

Can't use it on TV2 because the remote there is UHF not IR.

My 622 says it'll record to an external device. I ordered a couple external cases for the Hard drives I got from woot. I'll add another half terrabyte to the box if it supports it.

I did read that there was going to be an update to allow moving things between the hard drive and the dvr, which is cool, but if I can extend the recording capabilities that will rock. I'll let you know how it goes when the cases are delivered this weekend.

Can you use a self purchased hard drive or will you have to buy the hard drive from E with software installed. .

VinceT3 said:
My 622 says it'll record to an external device. I ordered a couple external cases for the Hard drives I got from woot. I'll add another half terrabyte to the box if it supports it.

I did read that there was going to be an update to allow moving things between the hard drive and the dvr, which is cool, but if I can extend the recording capabilities that will rock. I'll let you know how it goes when the cases are delivered this weekend.

Recording to external drives has not been enabled yet. They say they are still working on it.

lakebum431 said:
Recording to external drives has not been enabled yet. They say they are still working on it.

I thought the last charlie chat said moving to and from the device was a new feature they are working on, not the recording directly to?

Nope, at this point there is no recording to or moving to external USB drives enabled on any receivers. They are testing on the 942 and the 622 and there is talk of it being available soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts