VIP622,how to record 2,watch 1 ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dukiebluedoc

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Cave Creek AZ
Hi all,longtime lurker here, still relative noob,need advice re recording and watching on VIP 622.
I set up some shows to record weekly episodes,then added more shows to record at the same time,since I know I can record 2 from the satellite and 1 from OTA on this receiver.
Tonight I tried to watch show A at 8 PM,at the same time it and show B were set up to record from the sat at that time.The show A timer had been programmed first,then I later added show B,receiver set to dual mode.At 8 pm the dish switched to show B,both red recording lights on,and would not let me switch back to A to watch it. Instead. I had to cancel show B's recording in order to watch A,which continued to record. I was also unable to add show B as a live in progress recording without watching B--when I tried to switch to A I got a message that I had to cancel the live recording of B to do so.

My question is,can I set up 2 simultaneous recording (or 3 if I add OTA) and choose which one to watch live? Tonight the receiver forced me to watch B live if I wanted both A and B to record.
Any help appreciated,this has caused a low level domestic disturbance in my otherwise tranquil household :eek:
Caroline

If the receiver is set to dual mode, both red lights are on while recording 2 sat channels, then you would not be able to switch to the channel recording on tv2 when you are watching tv1 without canceling the recording on tv1. However, if you switch to single mode you can switch between both recordings without any problem. The only drawback is that both tv1 and tv2 will be showing the same channel at all times in single mode. As mentioned above, I believe you can go to the 'my recordings' screen and watch the show on tv2 as it is recording when in dual mode.

Last edited:
to solve the exact situation you found yourself in:
- put the box in single mode
- press swap on the remote
- put the box in dual mode again

I just pick the show out of my recordings and hit start over after it is on for a bit so I can bump through the commercials.

thanks to all for prompt and helpful replies.
I do have a question re technique outlined by Pepper above
"put the box in single mode
- press swap on the remote
- put the box in dual mode again"
do I initiate this just before the recording starts or wait until the recording/program starts and then do the single-swap-back to dual maneuver?
ps
I always wondered what the "swap" button on the 622 remote did:rolleyes:
C

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)