VIP622 losing program guide info

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

a_kraker99

Original poster
Sep 18, 2010
Michigan
I have gone through tech support with Dish a few times and installed a replacement receiver but still have an issue.
My program guide will only show info for an hour or two ahead. If I scroll to the right it tries to download program info but stops with no errors, it just goes back to the guide without info. I can get the information back by running a check switch and having it reconnect to the satellite but after a while I go back to the guide and the information is gone again.
I am hoping there is an easy fix for this. I have had this setup for a couple years now without any issues until now.

I am not sure what you mean by mix of satellites but I have 2 dish 500's. One is pointing South-West with 2 receivers and one is pointing South-East with one receiver. There are a lot of trees around here so they couldnt get all the satellites with one dish.

If you are referring to the satellites I receive in the point dish screen, I get 61.5 (Signal Strength 17 :-S) 110 (Signal Strength 34) and 119 (Signal Strength 11 :-S)

The first thing you need to do is get you dishes pointed at a single arc (whichever is appropriate for your area) then make sure they are peaked correctly. You 119 is way too low that is why you are not getting a full guide.

How do I get 119 to come in better without messing up the 110? Should I just adjust the skew? Are the skew and elevation settings on the point dish menu good? I live in Zeeland, Michigan.
Also, I messed around with the 61.5 dish and got the signal up to 40. I tried using the settings that I got from Satellite Finder / Dish Pointing Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com but the azmuth said 152 and I am at more like 130 to get my current signal.

I was able to get my 119 up to a steady 21. So far everything looks good. The guide is downloaded and staying.

Just curious. What channels does the 61.5 satellite get me?

21 is still too low for 119. You should be at least 50 IMO. 61.5 is the HD sat, BUT not all channels are on it. The two ALL HD sats are 129 (western arc) and 72 (eastern arc).