VIP622 - No "DishONLINE" option in DVR menu???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Alright... figured out what it was.

On a whim I called Dish support again and got someone who was actually knowledgable.

The issue is that I am not a direct Dish Network customer.. I have it bundled with POTS and DSL from AT&T.. which sometimes I greatly regret because it sure doesn't integrate well with Dish Network proper. I hadn't even considered this when I was trying to figure out why it didn't work.

In addition to not being able to opt for insurance (therefore paying full price for service calls and shipping on failed equipment), it appears as if we don't all get the same functions at the same time.

Right now, DishONLINE is not compatible with AT&T Dish Network users, but I am told the plan is to make them compatible.

I believe HomeZone has this functionality too - maybe a competing service? From what I've seen though the HZ receiver is nothing special and in fact has reduced recording capacity.. so I'm not exactly jumping to switch.

What? You're saying you're NOT using a HomeZone receiver, but a regular 622? Why in the world WOULDN'T it be compatible with Dish's standard software? And if it isn't, why wouldn't they give you a different software version? This sounds like another truly stupid move by Dish if true. Or does AT&T own some other VOD service that they don't want competition (as poor as it is) for?

What? You're saying you're NOT using a HomeZone receiver, but a regular 622? Why in the world WOULDN'T it be compatible with Dish's standard software? And if it isn't, why wouldn't they give you a different software version? This sounds like another truly stupid move by Dish if true. Or does AT&T own some other VOD service that they don't want competition (as poor as it is) for?

Honestly, before visiting this forum I wasn't aware that AT&T *HAD* a homezone service. Never had heard of it, and I don't recall seeing it advertised in my area or on my bill. I originally started out with a 522 DVR and upgraded in February when I got an LCD TV.

I do have a standard Dish Network 622, but I was told by the CSR that my account number is different than a standard Dish Network subscriber because I'm billing via AT&T. Their DishONLINE service currently only works with account numbers for direct Dish Network customers.. so if you have an AT&T account number the option is disabled from appearing in the menu. I assume that in a future release they will enable it once they get the billing straight.

Or hell, maybe not.. don't know what to think at this point. I'm kind of peeved that they won't let you download HD content with the 622, which means at some point I'll probably have to look at upgrading. Can't wait to see what that brings, since they like to stick it to existing customers who are upgrading. What is it, another $199 and a 18 mo commitment? Seriously, anyone know? I don't have it in me to call them ask after the debacle that happened LAST time I upgraded. As Lewis Black once said, "There's just not enough deoderant for that conversation".

Any update on this? I just hooked up my 622 to my home internet yesterday but don't have the DishOnline option in my DVR menu. I have the service bundled through AT&T. I wish I would have read this forum before I spend an hour in the attic running the cable.

I have a 722 bundled with AT&T and no DishOnline option. The DishOnline option was available on it for about a month or so when it was first added, but then disappeared with the L448 software update.

I feel like a real idiot after spending 3 hours with multiple E* reps... each giving me different ways to reboot my 622... should have checked here first!

I have two 622 with bundled service with AT&T... One DVR gets DishOnline (L449), the other DVR does not (L448).

The last rep I spoke with told me DishOnline was not available through AT&T because I was a bundled customer... Makes No Sense... so if I watch a movie... do i get billed for it?

I feel like a real idiot after spending 3 hours with multiple E* reps... each giving me different ways to reboot my 622... should have checked here first!

I have two 622 with bundled service with AT&T... One DVR gets DishOnline (L449), the other DVR does not (L448).

The last rep I spoke with told me DishOnline was not available through AT&T because I was a bundled customer... Makes No Sense... so if I watch a movie... do i get billed for it?

Why do you want dish online so much? It's a terrible "service".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)