VIP622 Problem

Tom_T

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 9, 2007
I am having problems on my VIP622. I use both tuners on 1 TV and swap channels all the time. The problem I have is that on 1 tuner I can view all my HD channels and on the other tuner I can only view the channels in SD, the HD channel is black but does have sound. I am perplexed..............it has worked correctly up until yesterday.
Is the 2nd tuner bad?

Your help would be appreciated.

Thank you

I am having problems on my VIP622. I use both tuners on 1 TV and swap channels all the time. The problem I have is that on 1 tuner I can view all my HD channels and on the other tuner I can only view the channels in SD, the HD channel is black but does have sound. I am perplexed..............it has worked correctly up until yesterday.
Is the 2nd tuner bad?

Your help would be appreciated.

Thank you

If you have already tried a hard reboot and nothing has changed you may indeed be looking at a bad tuner.

Tom

If you're on the HD chan do you get the banner at the top of the screen and allow you to go to the SD chans i the guide?
If so:
Go to menu 6-1-1 check signal strength for sat 129 transponder 21/16/15 on tuner 1 and tuner 2.

Can you explain your install a little further; separators, type of dish etc;

If the OP is getting sound, there's almost certainly not a signal problem.

I suspect that it is time to prepare for retirement the ViP622 (ie get EHD service if you don't have it already).

Just got home from work.....turned the TV on and everything is back to normal. Not sure what was wrong last night but it seemed to solve itself.
If it was someone else I would chalk it up to operator error.............Hmmm.

Anyway it is back to working so I won't question it and just hope it is not a preview of things to come.

Thanks for the replies, your help and insight is appreciated.

Just got home from work.....turned the TV on and everything is back to normal. Not sure what was wrong last night but it seemed to solve itself.

Anyway it is back to working so I won't question it and just hope it is not a preview of things to come.

No problem and glad to hear.

When the receiver reset itself during the nightly update, it must have corrected itself.

That's not uncommon. Most problems are solved by resetting the receiver.

No reason to be 100% certain about the cause.
True, but there's absolutely nothing to support the idea that it might be signal related. Being prepared for something that will come sooner or later is rarely foolish. I think it is great that we DISH Network HD DVR users have the option of archiving.

This is the first and only report of this problem I've seen since the software update went wide. I can't imagine that running in single mode is all that extraordinary.

If the OP is getting sound, there's almost certainly not a signal problem.

I suspect that it is time to prepare for retirement the ViP622 (ie get EHD service if you don't have it already).
Hmmm, not everyone spends 75 percent of their net income on sat receivers, Ive had a 622 since it was introduced, aside from it getting dusty it has never given me a serious issue.

Hmmm, not everyone spends 75 percent of their net income on sat receivers, Ive had a 622 since it was introduced, aside from it getting dusty it has never given me a serious issue.
You don't need to spend a lot of money to prepare. You can back up a ViP622 for under $100. When the receiver goes, you pay shipping and you're back in business with all of your archived content intact; not exactly big money.

We've had the same problem with our receiver, a soft reset only seemed to fix things temporarily. We had to call in because of the black screens and also very choppy signal kept coming back on tv 2, the tv 1 looked perfect on the same channel. Over the phone they had me unplug the receiver then plug it back in. It has worked for a couple days so far with out the black screens so far or jumpy signal on tv2.

I am also having the same issue. I can do a soft reboot and it works fine, but the problem comes back after a short period. Called Dish and did all the usual test, but still was a no go so next week I will have a replacement RCVR here at the house. CC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts