VIP622 recordings halt early

naccoachbob

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 3, 2007
Nacogdoches, Tx
Some of my recordings have halted with 10-15 min left on the program. S/W version is L617. I've just really noticed this the past couple of weeks. But I'm recording programs that start on schedule and end on schedule, but when playing back, they abruptly end and there is time remaining. Latest example was last night's episode of 24. There was 15.5 min left in the program when it quit.

I unplugged the machine after the last 2 incidents (last week on Criminal Minds and 24 this week) and once the system rebooted, everything was fine. I was able to ffwd to the spot where it had failed, and continue the program.

Is this something I'll have to deal with on and off in the future? Is it a s/w bug? Is the hard drive starting to fail? Can I request and get a newer box? I'm really wanting one of the 922's when they come out and will live with it if I can.

Should I just get on tech chat and see if they have a remedy?
Thanks in advance for any and all help.

BTW, if any moderators know a thread where this has been discussed, please let me know and you can delete this one. I looked back over 100 threads and found nothing.

Living in an RV

Annual account??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)