ViP622 signal losses

gcotterl

Original poster
Dec 21, 2009
so cal
Over the past two weeks, I've been getting a ton of "Complete Signal Loss"; "Partial Signal Loss"; "Channel Signal Loss"; and "Signal Loss On HDChannel, Switching to SD Equivalency" messages.

When I press "Menu"
then press "System Setup"
then press "Installation"
and press "System Info"

When "Status" finishes updating, "Status" says "Error! Select "Details" (also Satellite 129 has a big red "X")

I then highlight "Details" and press.

When I press down arrow, a lot of "You are currently experiencing signal loss on tuner 1" and "You are currently experiencing signal loss on tuner turner 2" problems are listed.

What is causing these issues?

Possibly LNB drift. Or something wapped the dish itself. Call Dish. They may already know, since receivers "phone home."

Might be a good time to consider how old the ViP622 series is, and it's HDD. Hopper time?

Are you using the antenna hookup in the back, with an outside antenna to pick up local tv channels? If so, disconnect THAT antenna connection for a while, and see if things change for you... I've had that cause this issue, on both a VIP622 and a VIP722k. I've also had it happen with a bad lnb.

Over the past two weeks, I've been getting a ton of "Complete Signal Loss"; "Partial Signal Loss"; "Channel Signal Loss"; and "Signal Loss On HDChannel, Switching to SD Equivalency" messages....
In Feb. we began experiencing similar issues to the ones you describe — specifically we began losing signal on 129. The symptoms were frequent heavy pixelization on HD channels with notifications of “complete signal loss” etc.. The signal on 129 would jump from around 30 to 0 and back to 30. Re peaking the dish had no discernible affect.

Since we sub to the Welcome pack and only had one ViP 622 with a simple coax run to a ground mounted Western Arc Dish 1002, I simply replaced the ViP 622 and WA LNB with a Hopper 3 and Hybrid WA LNB that I purchased from Dish Depot. This upgrade replaced all the “moving parts” of our install. The sat dish and coax stayed exactly the same. The result was no more issues with loss of signal since the swap.

I believe that the issue was that the aging ViP 622 could not maintain a lock on 129. In any case the Hopper 3 and Hybrid LNB fixed the problem.

Link to the original thread...
http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/austin-hd-locals-terrible-pixelization.367552/#post-4032059

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)