Vip622 switch check / install trouble

vgb

Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
Vip622 switch check - diplexer issue?

We had our dish network installed about 6 months ago, we have a single HD reciever and a vip 622 DVR. Since the DVR was in another room farther away from TV2, the installers ran a line from the sat into a DPD2 dixplexer and into the standard TV (TV2), and then out to the the other room where they used a second DPD2 and ran the TV2 coax signal into it from the VIP622, and ran the the sat cable out of the diplexer into the DP Plus SAT SAT2 splitter.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around how the diplexers work, but when my roommate moved out I moved the vip622 into the living room, removed all the diplexers, and just ran the cable from the sat straight into the DP Plus SAT1 SAT2 splitter and then into the proper ports on the receiver, I figured this would work but now it just sits there searching for signals and check switch tells me one of my switches is installed wrong. After about 6 hours of searching transponders and signals it started working last night but this morning I woke up and it was searching for signals again. My other roommates single receiver works just fine, should I have left the diplexers on, did I reconnect anything wrong?

EDIT:
I tired power cycling it, unhooking the SAT1 and SAT2 connections and then running switch check to clear the matrix. I then reversed the SAT1 SAT2 connections as suggested in another thread here and ran check switch again and my signal came fine in on the SAT 2 tuner but SAT 1 simply read "Conn."

Last edited:
Were one of the diplexers that you disconnected powered? i.e. plugged into power outlet. I'm just thinking your switch might require "power" and if you aren't feeding it power anymore...

nope, none were powered. ,

what I don't understand is that it should work just work without the diplexers right?, going straight fromt he LNBFto the DP plus separator and then into the receiver. I know the dish is pointed correctly because like I said my roommates stand alone receiver is working and I ran switch check on his without a hitch.

yes it should be able to work without the diplexors. Consider a diplexor a combiner unit that converts 2 signals over 1 cable. For your setup you must have a DPP twin LNB on your dish, most likely a dish 1000. One line off the twin will go to your single HD receiver, (211?) and the other line off the twin will go the 622. This line can go straight from the lnb to the DPP seperator which feeds sat 1 and sat2 on the 622. I assume since you took the diplexor out your no longer using tv2?

Double check your line is in fact going to the lnb. The only other thing I can think of is did you use some straight barrel connectors where you took out the diplexors? You cant use splitters and a barrel must be rated for 2150 mhz. These barrels have blue coated ends. This could be your problem if the barrels are not correct.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)