Vip622 with Bose Lifestyle v20.. slight problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jonclayton

Original poster
Nov 15, 2007
I just hooked up my new Bose v20 to my vip622. I have the vip622 running hdmi into the bose, and then a HDMI from the bose up to the tv. Audio wise everything is working great, and I have programmed the bose remote to control the 622 receiver. I am having the strangest of problems though. When I first turn on the tv, and the dish receiver is displaying the screen that reads "press select to watch Tv" I encounter a large delay before I can get the receiver to recognize that I am pressing enter (Select) on the Bose remote. After the delay, say 1-3 mins, and multiple presses of the enter button it will finally work and I am able to control all aspects of the Dish box using my bose remote, there i just that large delay getting past the "select" screen.

Has anyone experienced this? How do I fix it?

I realize i can go buy a harmony etc.. remote, but I would rahter just use ths one if possible.

Have you tried the select button on the face of the 622? I'm sure you like your Bose remote, but what does the Dish remote fail to do? I love the Dish remote, and if I were in your situation, $20 for the new programmable two-way Dish remote is a real no-brainer.

This dish remote doesn't fail to do anything, I like it. I am just trying to not so many remotes out in the living room, I am stuck with one for the ps3 + the bose, trying to avoid having to leave the dish remote out as well.

What's the deal with the programmable dish remote? Don't think I've seen that.

Search for 20.0 or 21.0 Remote in this forum (it's not perfect yet). Not only can you manually teach it commands, but it can save your timers ONBOARD, in case your 622 bricks out. Sadly it doesn't help your PS3, but nothing cheap does. Again I say it's worth a Jackson to try it out. ;)

The tech from DNS told me today the new remote only works with the new "k" receivers. He could be mistaken.

Well, a 5.3 will command a K model, so clearly they use the same commands. My 722 also includes the "TV1: Remote Download" feature, though I cannot test it. My money is on the 20.0 being the next Harmony killer. The only thing it's missing is USB/IP programming and backup. Oh, and Bluetooth for the PS3 crowd. :(

The BOSE v20's remote is RF, not IR I don't think it will work w/new or old dish remote.

How do you make the Bose remote IR ? , I called Bose they told me it's RF only.

You guys are 100% correct, the bose remote is RF, I just had not noticed it.

So, if the Bose remote is RF is there a way to tel the vip622 that I want to use an RF remote for TV1? I know the box does RF for tv2, can I do it on Tv 1 also? If so, how?

Just an update in case anyone else is ever having this issue. I resolved the problem today, I feel silly for not realizing what was going on from the beginning. The Bose remote is RF and the Bose Display unit has IR blasters. Basically when I press a button on the remote, it goes RF to the bose receiver and then the IR blasters on the external bose display send out the signal. I didnt realize that the display had the blasters so it was not in a location within easy signal of the dish box. The bose unit came with an IR extrension blaster, so i put that infront of the dish box and plugged it into the Bose unit. The problem is solved :)

I think I could also bypass using the blaster and configure the 622 to use a RF remote for TV1, but I think this was the easier method.

I think I could also bypass using the blaster and configure the 622 to use a RF remote for TV1, but I think this was the easier method.
That's not the way the Bose remote works. In fact, none of the RF remotes that I know of can control devices other than their associated receiving units via RF at which point they get relayed to IR. RF adds the dimension of different radio frequencies whereas IR is usually only one color.

try to buy a real surround sound system that is capable of producing sound across the entire spectrum of human hearing.

no highs, no lows, must be a bose.

Sorry, I have to do this. My Best Friend has the worst sounding surround system I have ever heard. It's a Bose Lifestyle with the micro cube speakers. Of course, because he spent over 2K for it, he thinks it's great. Stop thinking with you wallet!!!
Buy Other Sound Equipment.

C'mon, guys, it's not our place to criticize somebody for their brand selection. Even if I hated Bose as much as you guys do, it's a MASSIVE upgrade from the TV's speakers, and jonclayton spent good money on it. Leave him alone.

Although I am not trying to rain on your parade (OP) I must agree with the others here in saying that almost anything would sound better than that Bose system. A $400 Onkyo HTiB would really open up your mind and ears and allow you to hear all that you have been missing. I won't go on here but have published many technical articles on why Bose is only better because of marketing, surely not because of technical prowess, of which it has none...

You guys are 100% correct, the bose remote is RF, I just had not noticed it.

So, if the Bose remote is RF is there a way to tel the vip622 that I want to use an RF remote for TV1? I know the box does RF for tv2, can I do it on Tv 1 also? If so, how?

That is why I sold my Bose system on eBay, and bought a new 7.1 setup with the money. Bose sounds good on those little speakers, but there remotes are a royal pain in the a**.

Guys, I bought this system for $500 out the door. I got it on the last day my Circuit city was open, a few minutes before they closed. It was marked down to $799 and on a whim I threw out a $500 offer and they took it. I don't think I did too bad for that price. I am not a hard core audiophile, just wanted something better than the TV speakers and I got it. My thoughts on this system are this. For 2,000 I would be very unhappy with the sound quality, for $500 I am more than pleased.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts