VIP722 and HD programming

buckeyegrad02

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2007
Cincinnati
Hello All,

Having an issue with my VIP722 and reboots. As long as I stay away from HD channels and DVR recorded programs (HD recordings) the box seems to work fine. If I go to any HD or DVR program the box reboots continuously.

110, 119 and 129 all have "Good" ratings, but 129 is much lower than the others. Switch test passes too.

Is 129 the HD bird?

Talked to Dish about it and they already have a new box coming my way, but does anybody else think this might be a 129 reception issue or a combination of that and something else?

I think I have already gone through all the other VIP722 issues that I have read to try; I have already removed OTA channels, plugged into power outlet directly, removed all skipped Programming, and removed most of my DVR recordings.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I'm no expert, but if it reboots while you're trying to watch a dvr event, I don't see why that would have anything to do with 129. You don't need sat reception to watch a recorded event. Maybe part of the problem could be a bad hard drive or even a bad HDMI port/cable. What is your setup?

I have had the following setup for over a 1yr.

I am running HDMI cable to a Samsung DLP HDTV
VIP722 sits outside on a table with a floor fan blowing on it

I figured my harddrive or power pack is on its last leg, but I thought maybe I am also having a reception issue too.

Oh, and I have tried component cables too, same results.

It could def. be both. With your setup, it doesn't sound like it's over-heating. There's been a lot of bad 722's out there. Or maybe it could have something to with your dish. Any strong winds lately? Maybe the dish is out of alignment; that could have something to do with HD reception. Although the constant reboots, that sounds like a hard drive issue. Have you tried resetting the 722 to factory defaults? I'd try that and check your dish alignment. Look for overgrown trees that may have grown out since the install.

I have ran the factory defaults several times over the past week
Dish is mounted on the side of the house that does get hit with lots of wind when storms roll in.
Trees are non existent in my area.

I ran Point Dish and got the following

Azimuth: 226
Elevation: 34
Skew: 121
Strength: 61

Strength: 74

Strength: 41

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)