VIP722 auto rebooting when skipping scheduled event or delete timer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

WynsWrld98

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 9, 2007
Puyallup, WA
Have had my VIP722 DVR for probably 1.5 years with no problems. A few nights ago it started a problem of automatically rebooting anytime I attempt to skip a scheduled event or delete a timer. Anyone else having this type of problem??

Here's the chat transcript with DISH tonight where I told them auto reboot problem only occurs if I attempt to skip a scheduled event or delete a timer otherwise DVR working perfectly normal watching recorded programs, navigating among menus, watching live TV, etc.:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Please wait while we find a representative to assist you. In order to ensure we are providing you with the highest level of customer satisfaction, this conversation will be recorded.
You have been connected to (24DrDepT) Moises S. D88.
(24DrDepT) Moises S. D88: Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer, I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me 2-3 minutes to access your account and review the information you have already provided.
(24DrDepT) Moises S. D88: I’m very sorry to hear that you are having an issue. I’d be happy to resolve that for you.
(24DrDepT) Moises S. D88: How long have you had this problem?
Wayne Reibold: I've unplugged the unit and that didn't help either
Wayne Reibold: started 3 nights ago
Wayne Reibold: have had DVR for probably 1.5 years never a problem
Wayne Reibold: DVR still works fine watching something recorded, navigating between menus, etc.
(24DrDepT) Moises S. D88: Well this is a very unusual issue.
Wayne Reibold: Problem ONLY occurs if I try and skip a scheduled event or delete a timer -- everytime I attempt it it reboots
(24DrDepT) Moises S. D88: Could you please press menu twice on the remote.
Wayne Reibold: I tried it from the DISH Remote Access site and it doesn't work from there either
(24DrDepT) Moises S. D88: Ok.
Wayne Reibold: I'm not near the DVR/TV, would have to run downstairs, after I click Menu twice what else do you want me to do while I'm down there?
(24DrDepT) Moises S. D88: Did you get system info?
(24DrDepT) Moises S. D88: Please get software version.
Wayne Reibold: ok, will be right back
(24DrDepT) Moises S. D88: Sure.
Wayne Reibold: L618RJKDN
(24DrDepT) Moises S. D88: Thank you.
(24DrDepT) Moises S. D88: Unfortunately since this is a very unusual issue we do not have an immediate solution your feedback will be forwarded to our engineering department to investigate this further.
Wayne Reibold: OK
(24DrDepT) Moises S. D88: I do apologize for the inconvenience.
Wayne Reibold: it is odd because DVR works perfectly normally except for doing the two things I mention
(24DrDepT) Moises S. D88: Yes it is very odd.
Wayne Reibold: but unfortunately we have a lot of timers and I'm used to going through the scheduled list and skipping things so there isn't so much stuff that gets recorded
(24DrDepT) Moises S. D88: I understand hopefully we find a fix for this issue.
Wayne Reibold: I moved a bunch of stuff to the external hard drive and we now have about 32 hours of available HD space on hard drive so hard drive space isn't an issue
Wayne Reibold: even before I did that we had probably 18 hours of HD available so hard drive wasn't full at all
Wayne Reibold: is there a case # or something I can check status on?
(24DrDepT) Moises S. D88: No sir unfortunately we dont handle case numbers.
Wayne Reibold: how will I be contacted about this?
(24DrDepT) Moises S. D88: There wont be a call back this is just an internal report for your issue.
Wayne Reibold: what I'm getting at is how will I know how DISH plans on fixing my issue???
Wayne Reibold: this is a serious issue and I can't just live with it indefinitely
(24DrDepT) Moises S. D88: Well I apologize sir but we do not have a process in which you get contacted for such issues.
Wayne Reibold: your comments make no sense
Wayne Reibold: my DVR doesn't work, how am I going to be contacted to get it fixed???????!
(24DrDepT) Moises S. D88: Well it is a software issue sir there is no need for you to do anything.
Wayne Reibold: you're sure it's a software issue?
(24DrDepT) Moises S. D88: Yes sir.
Wayne Reibold: meaning a new software version was recently downloaded to my DVR and caused this problem?
(24DrDepT) Moises S. D88: It could be that. Usually this issues are solved with another upgrade.
[/FONT]
spacer.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)