VIP722 Box Reboots on Foxnews Often?

drdroo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
Bangor, ME USA
For some reason I notice my VIP722 seems to reboot often (several times a day) if I leave it on Foxnews during the day. However, if I watch NESN or other SD or HD channels, the box never reboots.

FoxNews jokes aside... Does anyone else have this experience? It's strange and didn't happen with my 721.

Oh come on, all in good fun... :)

It is unfortunate that I actually have to specify 'foxnews jokes aside' though. I haven't seen much of that kind of bantering going on here, but seems like such a thread elsewhere would give peoples suggestions of using other channels.

The thing rebooted on me twice in an hour. Since it's been on Cartoon Network, no problems.

Somethings very strange. I wish there was a way to see the panic log or some sort of log to show the last reason for reboot.

Hey, I'm with you.

Totally.

But actually I can not conceive of a specific station causing reboots.

Could you have paused live TV on Fox so the drive was always spooling? And now on Cartoon Network you haven't used pause so the drive doesn't have to do continual read/writes?

I got really paranoid some time ago about having paused or backed-up a station once for a few seconds then leaving the drive read/writing for several hours on end as can happen if you have a news channel on all day as I sometimes do.

You should try and duplicate the problem to verify a relationship to channel.

Still, I can't believe it is actually related to a specific station. It must be something else.

My last two 522s acted up like this but it was mostly due to a drive dying in the first (maybe because it was running 10 seconds behind real time for 10 hours more than a few times) and that crappy software update in the second. My 622 reset twice in the first three days but has been rock steady since.

I only noticed because during the day I have Foxnews on and it's rebooted every day when I do that. Tonight I was watching NESN on one PIP and Foxnews debate on the other. Same thing happened.

Strange thing is that I have NESN on in the evenings lately (NESN Only) and it doesn't happen then. It's probably purely coincidental that it happens on Foxnews. I've only had the box for a week.

It is admittedly strange, I'll keep watching it and see. I was watching live, I hadn't paused or delayed the showing. Usually if I pause, then I jump the commercials to get back synched to live.

Maybe the next firmware update will fix it.. Damned odd.. :)

Been watching HDNews for the last 10 minutes or so.. Pretty good channel, especially for being included with HD Pack.. Just seems basically a no-nonsense news channel, but having all their clips in HD is even better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)