VIP722 - HDMI cable included?

It's strange to me that reports of what cables come in the box seem to vary so much. I would have thought that E* would include the same cables in every box with each receiver of a given model (Like the 722, I would have though if mine had component with it, that any 722 would have component with it). That doesn't seem to be the case though.

as far as i'm aware... none of them come with hd cables from dish. Now the company you ordered it from may have thrown them in there... or sometimes the subcontractor may have bought them himself.
I do that occasionally, but only if i'm in a good mood :)

And only to make the customer happy... the sales person lies to them and tells them they are included... then i have to clean up the mess

as far as i'm aware... none of them come with hd cables from dish. Now the company you ordered it from may have thrown them in there... or sometimes the subcontractor may have bought them himself.
I do that occasionally, but only if i'm in a good mood :)

And only to make the customer happy... the sales person lies to them and tells them they are included... then i have to clean up the mess

Well, I watched the installer open the box and it didn't look to me like it had been re-taped or anything. As far as I could tell, it had never been opened and the component cables were in the box...Maybe the installer did through the in the box, but why would they re-tape it shut? Strange if you ask me.

When I called for my installation they tried to sell me an HDMI cable for $50. I laughed and said I already had several. Upon more quizing I found out they got their HDMI cables from monoprice.com, the same as I do. $50 for a $10 cable. What a rip off.
HDMI cables used to be expensive. Now they are cheaper then RCA cables.

Just Had My 622 Installed Last Week My Installer Asked Me If I Wanted A Composite Cable Or A Hdmi He Connected The Hdmi No Charge Good Cable Not A Cheapo Works Great

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)