VIP722 - if TV1 is turned on, TV2 controls don't work

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I was going to try that but the antenna is 'male' and my coax is 'male' - so I couldn't easily test that. Plus one of my tv downstairs is in a cut out in the wall, so I can't really stretch the coax outside of that cut out. Might work on tv upstairs, but not downstairs in the cut out:(

A barrel connector would connect the remote antenna to the coax.

It looks like they back-fed tv2 using diplexers. An easier solution may be to get an UHF antenna antenna and connect to the receiver where the little remote antenna is. You may have one laying around to test with:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/RCA-UHF-VHF-Digital-Indoor-Antenna/20976672
Empiretc - thanks for this tip. I realized I could hide the antenna behind some equipment, so I went down to Wal-Mart and bought two of these at $10/each. They work like a charm. An easy (and cheap) solution - thanks again. No remote problems on either TV2 anymore.

Empiretc - thanks for this tip. I realized I could hide the antenna behind some equipment, so I went down to Wal-Mart and bought two of these at $10/each. They work like a charm. An easy (and cheap) solution - thanks again. No remote problems on either TV2 anymore.

No problem, man. Like stated in some other posts, there are different ways you can hide the new "remote antenna". But for a quick test, that was the easiest. Glad it is working out for you!

While i think that the backfeed is the best option, there is another thing you could have tried as well. You could try changing the remote address on TV2 from an odd number to an even number or vice versa. With the 21.0 remotes, changing the address between odd/even changes the frequency band that the remote is using and will in most cases cut through any interference that is causing the problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts